• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mtn

poppy

Is GMP open? Thought they had a lot of storm damage earlier, haven't heard much from there since. Planning to go this weekend 5/23 if open.

Absolutely!

I updated all the threads from when we cleaned up a bunch of the trails, and a bunch more people went in on other weekends and cut more!

Oh and,

They were never NOT open, just a bunch of limbs bowed and broke down in trails. (Actually I'm not sure where people got the idea that they might not be open, Anthony even told me they were getting dozens of calls a week asking if they were open :dunno:)

Everything is cleared out now and ready to ride. (There might be a limb here and there hanging a little low of you are in a mall crawler...)

:dblthumb:

supposed to be a bunch of people headed down this weekend.

Thanks for the reply and answers. It has been a couple years since I have been able to get that way but always one of my favorite parks, 2 to 2 1/2 hrs away hard to work in sometimes. Thanks again, see you all sat.

Nick we are still planning on going this weekend. Do you know if Anthony is still planning a bonfire Saturday night??

dwa2469 said:
Nick we are still planning on going this weekend. Do you know if Anthony is still planning a bonfire Saturday night??

I'd say they could be talked into getting rid of some debris on sat night.

Hate I'm gonna miss it, I need/want to be in 3 places at once this weekend!

R H said:
Heading that way Thursday am. It'll be our 1st time @ GMP .
we ride there often, would be glad to show you around some but it will be fri am before we get there. usually camp up on top by the 2nd pond- yellow cj7- silver buggy- big dog- hit me up if you would like to ride most of my group is not coming till sat

tonybolton said:
Me and another 1 or 2 should be there Saturday morning. Hopefully I don't hold anyone up on the trails.

He's back! Nice to see you getting back on the horse booyang

tonybolton said:
Never left....always lurking. Just don't contribute as much due to forum changes.
Damn wish I could go with you guys' but it looks like I would be way outclassed buy you guy's rigs. Ohh well maybe next time? Tony don't want to slow you down!!!

Re:

I think golden mountain is a pretty rough place for any full bodied rig on 35 inch tires I know I would be really nervous if I took my old Cherokee up there

Hope to get in some good riding Saturday.

Had a great time, had been a few years since I had made to GMP, well worth the trip.