• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goldendale Desert Race June 12-14

larry finished four laps i belive not sure it had mechanical problems it looked like
we were racing against a class 1 buggy and some other smaller vw buggys that were better suited to the course by far imo
watching the trophy trucks rip around the course was fawsome those guys were gettin it crazy fast saw one guy end over end in air and land back on his wheels car was fed up and they were out of the race 1 mile in

Larry had electrical problems, I believe was overheating due to no cooling fans. It actually looked and ran great until then, I've got a few pics I'll get up later.

Chevota, those weren't trophy trucks, but pro trucks.... and yes it was great watching those guys!

The jeep that went end over end was a pnw racing jeep it totaled the frame on it. It was just built last year. did anybody get any pics of it I know the owners would like to see them.

We had a great time.. Were in 2nd battling the class one buggy for a lap. Not much safe room to pass there. Rocks, barns, cars, trucks, logs with nails. etc. Very interesting terrain. 2nd lap our tool bag broke loose and made its way in to the back of the radiator which may have damaged the fans then down in to the P/S pulley. where it sat and created nice damage. Also taking out our new air intake system we made. Tearing it off the engine and shutting it down. Fixed all that and back on the road. Taylor had taken a pain killer for his back and got sick out the window lap 3 I think. Suprised how warm the tranny got 230-240. Then there was the fire after Taylor got out the new seat belt went over the seat and caught fire. Fan wiring, 2 new plug wires, seat belt burned. Lucky it burned it self out. In the end it overheated with fan wiring issues. We had a great time though. Got to meet the Bi Polar guys and hang out with my family.

We had a great time.. Were in 2nd battling the class one buggy for a lap. Not much safe room to pass there. Rocks, barns, cars, trucks, logs with nails. etc. Very interesting terrain. 2nd lap our tool bag broke loose and made its way in to the back of the radiator which may have damaged the fans then down in to the P/S pulley. where it sat and created nice damage. Also taking out our new air intake system we made. Tearing it off the engine and shutting it down. Fixed all that and back on the road. Taylor had taken a pain killer for his back and got sick out the window lap 3 I think. Suprised how warm the tranny got 230-240. Then there was the fire after Taylor got out the new seat belt went over the seat and caught fire. Fan wiring, 2 new plug wires, seat belt burned. Lucky it burned it self out. In the end it overheated with fan wiring issues. We had a great time though. Got to meet the Bi Polar guys and hang out with my family.

I got a couple good pics of you going off the jump after the whoop section, pm me your email add'y and I'll send 'em to you.

That was a fun race. Definitely a new challenge for us PNW racer types.:awesomework:

I've got several good pics of many of the PNW guys. Once I get them all downloaded and formatted a little bit, I'll post some up. If any of you guys see anything you want I can send you the full high-res versions.

John

Hey Larry, I wanted to thank you offering us a place to sleep if our tent blew over, and for letting my kid and I hang out with you and your family in the Gipson Cinetopia on Saturday night. My son thought that was cool as hell, and it really made the trip for him. You guys couldn't see it, but he sat there in the back with his foot on a spare in your trailer and kept looking at me saying "Dad, do you see the size of this tire?" :D

Anyway, Heres a crappy video of you coming over a little jump before you head down towards the barn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBB4i5ti7c4

my camera brings the suck.... :D

where did you guys eat the night before?
myself and two other guys also got sick as hell and threw up
we ate at that dq subway chevron

Hey Larry, I wanted to thank you offering us a place to sleep if our tent blew over, and for letting my kid and I hang out with you and your family in the Gipson Cinetopia on Saturday night. My son thought that was cool as hell, and it really made the trip for him. You guys couldn't see it, but he sat there in the back with his foot on a spare in your trailer and kept looking at me saying "Dad, do you see the size of this tire?" :D

Anyway, Heres a crappy video of you coming over a little jump before you head down towards the barn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBB4i5ti7c4

my camera brings the suck.... :D

Thanks Jon and you're welcome. Guys like you make what I do worth while. Your support means a hell of a lot to me and the team.. Thanks for the support on the track you rock. Glad you liked our cinema experience. Wait to I get the new KOH video..:awesomework:

where did you guys eat the night before?
myself and two other guys also got sick as hell and threw up
we ate at that dq subway chevron

Oh Taylor had a pain killer for the nerve damage in his back but he didnt eat soon enough before. He is a tough muther for sure.. Toughed it out and puked 3 times out the window. He is a great friend and like a brother.. Always there to help and support the team..:awesomework:

The jeep that went end over end was a pnw racing jeep it totaled the frame on it. It was just built last year. did anybody get any pics of it I know the owners would like to see them.

Was this Daves rig? Is all well and fine?

Ya it was Daves rig. There all fine don't know how bad the rigs damage is after Danny got to look at it I left shortly after the races were over while they were doing the awards. I believe Scott Dz took second and Denny Martin took 1st in his class

here are some pics from the pre-run...

Fresh from the Baja 500, a Trophy Truck... In Washington, who knew? ;D
102_0017.jpg

And here is the class one buggy they also own..
102_0019.jpg

Bi-Polar racing protruck (They have a lot of cool toys... I mean a lot!)
102_0021.jpg

102_0023.jpg

I love this thing...
102_0026.jpg

Gipson Racing's KOH truck coming into the silt bed
102_0027.jpg

102_0028.jpg

Some of the S&N fab crew I think... they brought like 3 jeep / buggies. They brought there KOH buggy as well... Awesome looking and its for sale, only 30K. ;D
102_0030.jpg

102_0031.jpg

102_0032.jpg

102_0033.jpg

On Sunday this guy battled with the TT neck and neck during the truck race. I think the TT may have caught him, he was definitely gaining on him.... but then they fried the tranny and lost all forward movement.
102_0034.jpg

102_0035.jpg

102_0038.jpg

and some more...

102_0043.jpg

102_0047.jpg

102_0056.jpg

This guy flogged this jeep pretty hard on Sunday....
1003inthesilt3.jpg

Some pics from the buggy race on Sunday morning. They actually had quite a few buggies turn out.
102_0066.jpg

I NEED THIS!
102_0102.jpg

102_0076.jpg

102_0090.jpg

102_0093.jpg

102_0117.jpg

102_0129.jpg

This thing threw some dirt!
102_0131.jpg

Latest posts