• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goldmyer Hotsprings

Many of my friends have been up to it and love it. I havent had the urge to go even though i live about 30mins a way. I'd rather save gas and sit in a hot tubb. :)

Been up that road many times. There are quartz crystal claims on the top of the ridge on the left as you drive up the valley. Some of the finest quartz specimens in the world have been pulled out of that area. There used to be a campground after you turned off of the middle fork road.

The Middle Fork Road has been gated at Dingford Creek. There is now a new footbridge to cross the river to get to goldmeyer.

It's a nice small place, they limit the number of people out there at any given time to keep it that way. My wife and I went out on a cool / overcast day and had a great relaxing time in the springs.

Very unfortunate that they put the gate in, and they're even required a trailhead pass for cars that park there. :(

The whole I-90 corridor is plagued with gates... :mad:

wonder if my friends stock fullsize 2wd truck could get in without any dmg

It'll do just fine. Beyond the gated spot it would get a little worse, but still not too bad. Just avoid going when there have been many consecutive days of rain. :awesomework:

Sounds cool, but if they limit to 20 people a day, how do you know if you're one of the twenty before you get up there? Or do you have to make reservations?

Sounds cool, but if they limit to 20 people a day, how do you know if you're one of the twenty before you get up there? Or do you have to make reservations?

u can just drop in, but if they are full then u are screwed, best way is to make reservations, but there call times are very limited FYI

I'd definitely make reservations, especially considering the 5+ mile hike to the cabin at the springs (with the new gate). That's a bit of a long walk for an uncertain outcome. :awesomework: