• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golf ball balancing?

hey kelly,me and toyolet are useing soft air gun pellets in our tires i have 37 mtr's and toyolet has 36 sx's and it works great,we just looked at www.innovativebalancing.com/ and put in the amount that thy suggest for the tire size that you have..:cool: bought the pellets at gi joes.

I vote BB's also Kelly....

I had a set of 39.5's that were UNDRIVEABLE when they were first mounted......
we're talking......bigblock....WFO up to about 60mph trying to "drive through" the bad harmonics spot.....never could....

added the BB's, and.....1000 times better.....still not 31" radials....but daily driveable....
I started in steps adding BB's.....prolly started w/ "about" 2 shotglasses worth....
wound up w/ about 2 of the big milk-carton type containers of bb's between the 4 tires....(ALOT of bb's)

but, those tires had ISSUES....
I'd start w/ the 2 shots worth and go from there....

--B

BB's are probably the cheapest way to go, plus they sound pretty cool whenyou stop. :cool:

NotMatt said:
I haven't had much luck balancing my Iroks with the golf ball method OR the airsoft pellet method. They do make cool noises while you're rolling up to a stoplight though. :) I haven't tried regular BB's yet though, not sure if I'm going to. I'm lucky I guess since none of my tires seem to be TOO far out of balance that it makes the rig undriveable... just annoying enough to drive you nuts after a long trip though.

curious, what was the problem with the airsoft? how much did you use?

Latest posts