• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goliath Build Begins(85 K5)

ecsong187

Well I've been on this board for a while asking tons of questions on building my K5. Now that I'm done with school and have a steady job I've finally got some money to put into my rig. So I thought I'd start a build thread.
Thanks
Edwin

It currently sits like this with a new rebuilt 350 and 700r4, 2.5" lift with 33" toyo m/t's:
IMG_0694.jpg

Got these delivered yesterday Dana 60/14 bolt for $1100 4.10 gears. He also threw in a 12" lift kit. haha. Not sure if I'm going to use the lift, but who knows. haha. Anyways this is all I got so far. Now I need to replace a few small things on the axles, sell/trade my 6 lug ****, and get a winch and start wheeling this baby.
IMG_0685-1.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Install the axles. go crossover steering. Lockers, then saw the fenders to fit 42s :redneck:

damn man nice parts:awesomework: i just picked up a 60 yesterday for the front of my toy... what kind of lockers are you going to run?:corn:

Yea thanks guys. It was a great deal and they are in great condition. I'm not sure what lockers I want to run yet probably detroits, but haven't done too much research. Thanks warjeeper and doved85 we should wheel once I get this thing rollin.
Thanks again guys
Edwin

Yea thanks guys. It was a great deal and they are in great condition. I'm not sure what lockers I want to run yet probably detroits, but haven't done too much research. Thanks warjeeper and doved85 we should wheel once I get this thing rollin.
Thanks again guys
Edwin

For sure:awesomework:

Remember im just in the town next door to ya so if you need anything let me know:awesomework:

Yea Warjeeper you are literally right down the street. We should hang out sometime. I think Doved85 is down in Kenmore so we are all pretty close

Jeepless is really close to you as well, Cascade-Crawler isnt too far away either, 85b2man is also really close umm there are probably some more im forgetting too

yup i live in K town... wish i didnt though.. city life sucks:haha: can't go wheelin in your back yard:redneck:... on a more serious note... who's hysteer kit do you have? let me no when you want to bend some tube:awesomework:

I'm not sure what kit it is. I will have to look at it more closely, but he told me it had crossover and I noticed it as soon as I pulled it off the trailer. Yea man I'll let you know when I need some tube bent. I need to get some bumpers and interior cage someday.

Weld the rear if it's a open diff that will save some money for a front locker. I would go detroit :awesomework: But mine are weded :redneck: