• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good LS tuners??

nealcj8

I know this has probably been beat to death but who is a good reputable tuner within a couple of hours of north Alabama besides Lane Culver? I just ordered a BTR stage 3 cam for my 6.0 and I'm going to need some tuning when I get it put in.

Check out Speedsouth in Pelham, Al. They've dyno'd my buggy on 44's before and did a great job. They specialize in SCCA Corvettes and street race machines. Legit facility and not some backyard tuners.

ADMINISTRATOR

Who ever you choose , pick some one close. It often takes more than one attempt to get it dialed in. There is always the chance that something needs to be tweaked,bad injector, or bad coil, or corroded wire. If that needs to be repaired before it can be fully tuned,you could waste a lot of time and money make long drives for a tune.

Agreed with Roger 100%! I had Lane tune some when I had one we couldn't finish in time. Make sure if you're building a trail rig your MAF and o2's are 100% working if you don't go speed density. SD is OK for hill killers but not for trail rigs IMO. Most tuners wanna tune DS because its easier. Also realize most tuners are going to safely tune a stock bottom end to CYA which is fine. Be sure and tell them if you have a truly built harded motor with rods pistons etc.. and you want everything it has. Some still won't believe you and they'll stay conservative. Everything has to be 100% put together and working to tune one in a half day and a half day is still pushing it. I know a trustworthy guy in North GA that's good at it. If anyone needs someone out this way message me.

Molly Hatchet said:
I thought Lane was the man in those hills what's up?

I have heard good and bad about him. I had him do a jeep for me a few years ago and I was happy with it but a couple of my buddies had bad experiances with him.

My buggy is just a trail rig. I have had this motor for several years, it's just a stock LQ9 6.0 but I am finally doing the cam swap. I have been wanting to get it tuned for a while but thought I would wait till I did this.

I've used Clyde Carlson a few times with great results, and he's from Huntsville, he comes to Florence to tune. At the mod shop.He just tuned my cammed 5.3, my wife's g8 gt, and a few other of my buddies jeeps with 5.3s. He will retune for free and only cost $150.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk