• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good source when fighting insurance company

dodgecrawler2011

Anybody know of a good source to prove a vehicles worth. Besides kbb or eBay. The refuse to use eBay. Basically trying to rape me on my 93 cummins... In a accident that was not fault.

Good luck. I ran into this with a 96 mustang gt it was stickered as a boss and I paid insurance as a boss but they only wanted to pay gt price when totaled after 3yrs of court battle I was paid like it was a boss It would've been cheaper not to battle and take first payment but it was a point of how many others had they screwed like that If you have full coverage you can take it up with your insurance company and let them battle it out or get a lawyer and battle your self

I held out for several months on an 02 fatboy my buddy wrecked. After me not budging for what I wanted, they just wanted it off their books. So if you can do without the money, ride it out as long as you can.

I have wondered about this with my truck if it was wrecked. KBB does not reflect the actual value at all. No way I could find my 04.5 6 speed 4x4 dually for near what they list. Even lists the auto trans for more. I had too look for 6 months online to find a nice one with fairly low miles that wasn't outrageous priced. Would love to know a better source also.

Yep the settlement they want to give me wouldn't even buy the motor. Much less find another one anywhere near the settlement. Truck is fixable and they not even offering repair price to fix it if i wanted to. First wreck i been involved in so not sure how these assholes come up with their values. :dunno:

dodgecrawler2011 said:
Yep the settlement they want to give me wouldn't even buy the motor. Much less find another one anywhere near the settlement. Truck is fixable and they not even offering repair price to fix it if i wanted to. First wreck i been involved in so not sure how these assholes come up with their values. :dunno:

Who do you have insurance with?

dodgecrawler2011 said:
Not my insurance. Lady who hit was statefarm

Turn it into your insurance company and let them to their job.

Did you have full coverage on your truck?

If so, contact your insurance agent and let them work for you.

If you didn't have full coverage, then your insurance wouldn't be liable for your vehicle anyway, so they probably won't help you much.

Basically it sucks having a high value, older/high mileage vehicle... Because it's hard to prove it's "true market value"

Insurance companies are a bunch of assholes and criminals. If you can prove fair market value and they refuse to pay it, sue the **** out of them. If you can. They have a lot of protection from the government.

TBItoy said:
Did you have full coverage on your truck?

If so, contact your insurance agent and let them work for you.

If you didn't have full coverage, then your insurance wouldn't be liable for your vehicle anyway, so they probably won't help you much. No full coverage and we both have the same insurance company

Basically it sucks having a high value, older/high mileage vehicle... Because it's hard to prove it's "true market value"