• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goodyear MTR Stickies?

Re:

Have a Discount Tire near you? I talked to them once and they were able to get them which kind of surprised me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I could have sworn I just read on pirate the other day that they discontinued them. May want to check over there

02Jimmy said:
Well that was a NO! The Sticky tire world is hard to figure out? Try some you like then there next to impossible to buy.

Like said above I'm pretty sure the Pirate guys said it's discontinued.

When I worked at the Goodyear warehouse there was a stack of the 42" comp tires..... It sat there for 4-5 years and never moved. They were still there when I quit 2 years ago too.

02Jimmy said:
Well that was a NO! The Sticky tire world is hard to figure out? Try some you like then there next to impossible to buy.

A bunch of sets popped up on here 4-5 months back, maybe some are still available

X3 on being unavailable. I have tried for awhile to get my grubby mitts on a set of 42s. I had a old pair of 40s and they were awesome. If you come across more than 1 set let me know.

I've never saw the appeal much for these tires. Why so hung on them? Price point? Treps, Red Label Krawlers, Creepy Crawlers, 43 SX Stickies, etc all seem like they would perform better to me? :dunno:

TacomaJD said:
I've never saw the appeal much for these tires. Why so hung on them? Price point? Treps, Red Label Krawlers, Creepy Crawlers, 43 SX Stickies, etc all seem like they would perform better to me? :dunno:
I seen a Toyota buggy on 40" MTRs bounce up pick your poison.

TacomaJD said:
well running them on your little red golf cart wouldnt help much so i guess you couldnt see the benefits from them. Check with campbell racing to see if they have a line on them as i know shannon ran them in koh for a few years. http://www.campbellent.com/ wouldnt hurt to give them a call. good bunch of guys.

The only set I ever saw were on the green CRAWLMARO at Windrock. They were old...busted up...cracked up....nubs for tread......but it cake walked everything without effort. Kinda shocked....

Re: Re: Goodyear MTR Stickies?

mightymouse said:
well running them on your little red golf cart wouldnt help much so i guess you couldnt see the benefits from them. Check with campbell racing to see if they have a line on them as i know shannon ran them in koh for a few years. http://www.campbellent.com/ wouldnt hurt to give them a call. good bunch of guys.
Haha you got me good, MightyDouche.. and I said appeal, not benefits.

befda9032b39dfa9c17ca753ba01c803.jpg

Re:

I've seen many sets of Krawlers, including a set of my own, go up the obstacle shown below called Everest, all of which made it look easier than the mtr's on Crawlmaro.

http://youtu.be/1Z7IdyMRLzc

I've been around most all the popular sticky tires, watched them work, and just couldn't place the mtr's anywhere near the top of the performance list. I'm not putting them down, because they are great tires, definitely a great improvement over non-stickies, but based on comparisons of what I've seen, I couldn't rate them as top performers.

Think about it, if they were that badass, why ain't more people running them instead of the other 3 or 4 most popular stickies, and why did they get discontinued?

From my understanding they were never supposed to have been sold to general public, Back to the RACER only tire conversation. So to discontinue a tire that is that limited I guess would make since. I have just purchased used 42 MTR's that I am very happy with there performance at Harlan last week so decided to try and find a full NEW set. They are the only Sticky tire I have seen that is a true size, my used 42's measure 42 inches. They stick to the rocks very comparable to the 39 Krawlers. It probably just comes down to the preference thing?

Re:

Nothing wrong with preference, gotta buy what ypu like! I was just curious. They are definitely not the only sticky that measures true to size though.

Is there another 42 that measures a true 42? Curious? I have bought 43 stickies that were a bump over 40, 39 Reds push to be 38, 42 Iroks make a nice 39. Never measured a Trep? Im sure I read something here not long ago about What tires really measured there stated size's, I just dont remember the outcome.

02Jimmy said:
Is there another 42 that measures a true 42? Curious? I have bought 43 stickies that were a bump over 40, 39 Reds push to be 38, 42 Iroks make a nice 39. Never measured a Trep? Im sure I read something here not long ago about What tires really measured there stated size's, I just dont remember the outcome.

New 39 Reds are always 39 inches off a rig.

I agree there the closest to true next to the MTR's. But still curiuos about the Trep and not even sure there is a 42 Trep yet? I was just told to watch for a new MTR for 2017???