• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gooseneck ???

Eddyj

So I own a trailer that makes me a lot of money. The problem is that it was manufactured in Italy and I had it shipped over. It's top heavy,weighs about 14000 pounds, is about 25 feet long, axles are centered, two axles, and has a 2 5/16 ball. It pulls like jdtacoma walks after :drinkers:
I've switched from 16 inch rims to 17.5 with 215 tires. Didn't really help. Added equalizers and separate sway controls help a little. Tongue weight seems to be ok, squats my dodges ( but so does everything ). So I'm thinking about cutting off hitch and adding a gooseneck, my question is does any have a trailer setup for 14000 total weight and what material is the actual neck made from? Channel, I-beam, or rectangle tubing best option? And the kicker is I will have to remove the neck weekly with 2 people so I don't want to just build it stupid heavy. Thanks bring on the engineers!

Go to see a pic of this . The problem is axle placement . Ya never want them centered on the trailer .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

They are not perfectly centered. I was just saying some of the longer flatbed trailers the axles are farther towards the rear. There is plenty of tongue weight. I don't have a way to scale it but ill try to figure out a way to scale it. The problem is its short length, and 13 foot tall must of the weight is shoulder height or above.

I was going to take a pic today to clear up any ? but I was to late the trailers gone until Sunday. Regardless I believe we are concentrating on the wrong part of the question. That's why I posted on here and not pirate. I will post a picture soon that why we can move on.

We need a pic . Because that can say a lot to what's wrong .

I have never seen a 13 foot tall flatbed trailer .

It's not a flatbed. I was asking if anyone that has a flatbed designed to haul approximately 14000 pounds could tell me what material was used to make the neck.

I have a 20 foot factory built low deck gooseneck that's rated 2 haul 14000 lbs & it's built out of 8in channel iron.

I still got to see pics of this thing . I have 14 trailers from 16' to 40' all made here in the USA that pull great . And I got to see this Italy made crappy pulling trailer . That makes tons of money .

What the hell is it?

Would you believe me if I said if I post a pic of it as it sits it will do absolutely nothing to help me answer my question? That's why i was waiting until someone was helpful befor posting a pic. Now it's just kind of entertaining listening to all the comments that don't pertain to the question.

If anyone would like to look at it, it is parked in Oneota Al, until Sunday. I'm pulling another trailer ( American made, pulls great!) to St. Louis until Wednesday.