• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GoPro hero3

Budget YJ

Looking at getting a gopro.

Is it worth the $100 difference between the white and silver?

I'm too cheap to spend the $399 for the black.

Re: Re: GoPro hero3

There is a decent thread in pirate. From what I read the white is worse than the hero 2.

Does the wifi remote just let you control the camera from a remote? I've never had any experience with a go pro and not very technologically advanced lol

Bumpers said:
Does the wifi remote just let you control the camera from a remote? I've never had any experience with a go pro and not very technologically advanced lol

Yeah you can turn it off and on and change the settings from the remote. They also have an iPhone app where you can control the camera with your iPhone and also a display so you can see what the camera is looking at.

Cole what is your opinion on my question?

Just for youtube and maybe a crappy try at editing some.

Might even let you borrow something good if I get on video :****:

I have the iphone to control it with but would the $79 remote still be a good option for the white?

I wouldn't buy it if getting the silver b/c that would be to close in price to the black and make no sense in not getting the black.

I got so F-ing lucky, I had just bought two Hero2 11megapixels, one stopped being able to be charged after the first race, so I returned it. Then GoPro announce the Hero3 so I returned the 2nd Hero 2 since both were under 30 days. Havent bought the Hero3;s to replace yet. So I'm interested as well, but had planned on Silvers as they are the same price as the Hero2's were same. megapixels but have wifi built in.

Units aside, what software is everyone using to edit GoPro vid??? We are literally swimming in megs and megs of race files. I've got 4 cameras on our racecar, and you figure on a 14 hour race thats damn near 60 hours of footage to edit through.

Budget YJ said:
Cole what is your opinion on my question?

Just for youtube and maybe a crappy try at editing some.

Might even let you borrow something good if I get on video :****:

I have the iphone to control it with but would the $79 remote still be a good option for the white?

I wouldn't buy it if getting the silver b/c that would be to close in price to the black and make no sense in not getting the black.

I havent really researched into it a whole lot since I have 3 Hero2s that im happy with. However when the time comes I will buy the blak edition. It seems to have a few more options and looks like it may be better all way around plus it comes with the Wifi backpack and remote. I think its worth it, however the silver may be just fine for you.

Ive got some old HERO HDs that id be willing to part with.....only slightly used.

The Hero2 are nice and the wifi backpack option plus an i phone make them awesome.

I want a 3 pretty bad but $400 is alot.

gopro1001.jpg

gopro001.jpg

Hope this helps.

I have 2 Hero 2's and they're cool. I just signed up for the $100 discount for the Hero 3 while at SEMA today. thumb.gif

The iPhone option is not available on the Hero3 yet.

I've got a Hero2 and that has been the biggest pile of ****. The video clitches bad and there is a loud clicking on the sound, that is all you can hear. Mine is going back ASAP!

It might be, that is what it sounds like. I use that adhesive mount that came with the camera. I do have a roll bar mount also i will try it. Thanks for the info

it is the clip on the camera box rocking in the adhesive clip.
the solution is to use the little white snubber piece. Or we shove zip-tie tips under the clip to ship it up and put the whoel thing in tension so it wont rattle.

goproplug.jpg

Dwalk said:
It might be, that is what it sounds like. I use that adhesive mount that came with the camera. I do have a roll bar mount also i will try it. Thanks for the info

Use the slotted back door. instead of the solid one on the gopro case. That will help the sound.

I used the white rubber piece but that didnt help, i will try the slotted door also