• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got Aluminum Hubs? We do...

R

Ricky@BlueTorchFab

Just pulled these out of the HAAS. These are for 30/35 spline, using all factory bearings/seals. We also have a 40 spline hub that just shipped out to a racer... What do ya think?

180058_194601560566469_133597076666918_728065_3053863_n.jpg

More info on our fanpage.
www.facebook.com/bluetorchfab

You mean you didnt require 100 preorders of these to start making them like some other company out there :fish: Looks good. I seen on facebook they are half the weight of factory. These should sell very well.

James can make whatever, mine will be 6-lug but I cannot afford them for a few months. If you are talking just stock replacement hubs and not the unit bearing stuff the price is really good, I was honestly very surprised having seen the ballistic thread.

I have a question. I have had a couple aluminum wheels work the lugnuts loose. Any speculation as it being worse with aluminum hubs? I've been told the reason they work loose is because of heating up and cooling off. Since aluminum conducts heat and cold will it be worse?

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
I have a question. I have had a couple aluminum wheels work the lugnuts loose. Any speculation as it being worse with aluminum hubs? I've been told the reason they work loose is because of heating up and cooling off. Since aluminum conducts heat and cold will it be worse?

I believe it all depends on what kind of aluminum it is, with 7075 t6 we don't expect any distortion with the heat and forces it will see on a trail or race rig. I'll have to get James on here to get all techy about it.

Ricky@BlueTorchFab said:
I believe it all depends on what kind of aluminum it is, with 7075 t6 we don't expect any distortion with the heat and forces it will see on a trail or race rig. I'll have to get James on here to get all techy about it.

If your gona post in the Tech section about the products you better know all the info. :flipoff1:

Hell Id think the alum on alum would cause that wonderful corrosion that makes the wheels and hubs stick together even if the lugs are off ! Escpecially considering the occasional water and slop they'd see while wheeling !

Or since its techy...

Metallic aluminum is very reactive with atmospheric oxygen, and a thin passivation layer of alumina (4 nm thickness) forms in about 100 picoseconds on any exposed aluminium surface.

This is probably why most everything from spidertrax is anodized... it helps prevent the aluminum's reaction to atmospheric oxygen.

wontwork said:
If your gona post in the Tech section about the products you better know all the info. :flipoff1:

Look under my name
<---- Photo and web guy. laughing1

I'll try to get some better info asap.

P said:
Escpecially considering the occasional water and slop they'd see while wheeling !
matto only wheels out west now, moisture would never be a problem in his desert climate controlled garage... next thing you know he'll be stripping the paint off... :flipoff1:

i'd but a set if they would rust... ;D

Ricky@BlueTorchFab said:
Look under my name
<---- Photo and web guy. laughing1

I'll try to get some better info asap.

We are gona need to talk to you boss and see if we can get you set up for classes on products being sold at BTF.

Does UAB offer any electives of this nature?

I was reading about these and it says you use a ford stub, does that mean I can just buy the hubs to run on my 79 ford 60? Or will they only work with your custom spindle for the unit bear replacement kit? I apologize if it has already been covered.

jbturbo said:
I was reading about these and it says you use a ford stub, does that mean I can just buy the hubs to run on my 79 ford 60? Or will they only work with your custom spindle for the unit bear replacement kit? I apologize if it has already been covered.

These hubs are actually designed to be a replacement for your current hub. Nothing needed other than our bearing and race kit to bolt on your existing spindle. We will have hubs for both Chevy and Ford.

:spin: they are very lite my peeps , got 2 sets for my 14 bolts rear stear that nick sosebee is biuldilng for me . if you are wanting a lighter rig , this is the way togo..see you guys at Morris mtn. St Patricks ride. LOVETT