My shoulder hurts. :D

Remington 700 BDL in 7mm REM MAG.

dsc04586w.jpg

Round compared to a .22 LR.
dsc04582l.jpg

I'll post up some targets soon.

If your shoulder hurts then you are shooting it wrong. :redneck:

I love the 7mm Mag, and BDL's :cool:

I put 20 rounds through it. Starts to sting after a little while.

Next time you shoot it, cradle it in your arms as if you are crossing your arms and reach around the stock and place your left hand (assuming you are shooting right handed) between the butt of the gun and your shoulder. I learned this method shooting a 375 H&H magnum, you can shoot all day without any pain. :awesomework:

Well, I'm not "afraid" of this rifle anymore. I've got to figure out if the groups are me or the rifle at these distances. I would like 1 MOA.

I tried cleaning all the copper fouling out of the barrel and I got the group tightened down But it still isn't 1MOA. It is definately 1 minute of deer though. :awesomework:

Jaydog I've tried your technique and it works well for shooting strings of plinking ammo. Otherwise it still stings after 10 or so rounds.

I find it hurts much less when it is a real "surprise break"

After cleaning out the copper fouling this was my target. I want to call the shot on the left a flyer but I can't in good conscience.

dsc04742j.jpg

Before cleaning out the copper fouling.

dsc04743i.jpg

dsc04744vx.jpg

Ammo...try different ammo, heavier and lighter and see what it prefers. As it's 9.25:1 barrel twist I'd be willing to bet it likes a heavier round.

Every rifle has it's own special load and what it likes, some like hotter loads than others which is why I got into reloading, you can find what your rifle likes and load that consistently, it just takes time and a bunch of shooting, finding someone with a chrono helps too :redneck:

Ammo...try different ammo, heavier and lighter and see what it prefers. As it's 9.25:1 barrel twist I'd be willing to bet it likes a heavier round.

Found some 175gr remington rounds. Gonna give them a try and see how we do.

These will be the last commercial loads. I wanted to try out some factory rounds so I can collect brass for reloading.

I'm hearing the 168gr sierra match bullets are the bees knees. :awesomework:

Last edited:

This is true:awesomework: Some rifles will just never shoot 1minute or less no mater what you do, and for most hunting in washington it doesn't really matter other than bragging rights.:cheer: