• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

gotta find out something different

76nick

ok so i have a 2002 chevy zr2 with a 4.3 and 4l60e. well last year the 4l60e went bad so i paid 1400 buck to have it rebuilt. now reverse is gone and i refuse to pay $1400 agian so i need to find another tranny that will fit to my 4.3 and not have any electrical issues. if a th350 would fit that would be great. its just a trail truck so i could put a manual valve body in it and it be no big deal..so any informations would be greatly appreciated. thanks

why the hell did you pay 1400 to have it built.

did you pull it yourself, or take it to a shop and have them drop and build it?

If you took it to a shop then they should have a warranty and you should contact them about fixing it first...

they did every thing. gave me a 9 month warrenty and at 11 months it went out..

A th350 will bolt up to a 4.3. No need for a manual valve body unless u just want it. Just hook a vacuum line from the modulator to the throttle body for it to shift on its on. And 1400 for a 4l60 build with only a 9 month warranty is kinda steep. We would have gave u a better warranty at a cheaper price. Anymore questions just let me know.

rebuild the 4l60 and ditch the electronics on it w/ a Transgo shift kit to make it manual valve body.
http://www.performancetransparts.com/transgoandregshiftkitandreg4l60e-3.aspx
The electronics overwork the transmission offroad, by putting it in the wrong gear way too often.

Pull the trans yourself buy the kit and got find another tranny shop to do the rebuild. Look for a shop that does alot of race trannys, they'll understand the pressures you are putting on them offroad.

InDaShop said:
rebuild the 4l60 and ditch the electronics on it w/ a Transgo shift kit to make it manual valve body.
http://www.performancetransparts.com/transgoandregshiftkitandreg4l60e-3.aspx
The electronics overwork the transmission offroad, by putting it in the wrong gear way too often.

Pull the trans yourself buy the kit and got find another tranny shop to do the rebuild. Look for a shop that does alot of race trannys, they'll understand the pressures you are putting on them offroad.

I have this kit in my drag car and it works awesome. But for the ease of offroadin y not just throw a 700r4 in it? It is the exact same as the 4l60 but runs on vacuum.

do you have a tranny cooler on it? HEAT is your #1 enemy. Even if the electronics are overworking it, you may be able to still get away with them if you are rocking a big cooler.

they have a factory cooler built into the rad... need to ditch the factory rad for a nice all aluminum and buy a "universal" cooler off jegs or summit for like 40$ and your home free.. should have a cooler line at the top left and right (feed and return) just plum those into the aftermarket cooler and WAHLA!

does it have 1st and 3rd? if so than the sunshell stripped or broke. Where are you located? I can fix you up if you pull the trans. I am just north of nashville. I will check all other parts to see what if at all what they replaced besides the bad parts to begin with. I have everything on the wall to rebuild a 4l60E.

still has all gears except reverse. and reverse wil work but i have to idle it up till it catches then jumps in gear real hard.