• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Graduated, accepted a job, and buying a house

jeepchipjones

Life really accelerates after graduation.

I graduated last Saturday, accepted a job with JBHM Architects on Monday, and my offer on a house was accepted on Tuesday.

I'm buying a house in the Fondren area of Jackson. Its no MattO house :flipoff1: but...

Its a 1520 sq ft 1937 house that was almost completely renovated in 2005. It has 2 BR/1.5 bath, a study, and a sunroom. It has been well maintained, including the landscaping. It has the original refinished hardwood floors throughout and tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. We close in June, and will be moving in probably July.

It also has a one car garage that was converted into a screened in cabana area... which Brooke likes a lot. So I will have to design and build a garage for myself somewhere else, or reclaim the old garage and build her cabana onto the back.

n26502552_33286857_6182.jpg

n26502552_33286863_7919.jpg

n26502552_33286880_2854.jpg

I love that area. I am so glad there is still a cool place like that to live in Jackson. Copngrats!

What side of Old Canton Rd is that on?

Congrats. Anyway to lift the "summer porch" and move it to the other side of the property rotating 180degrees or to the back of the property? then build yourself a garage shop that is a bit larger and more modern down the road?

I cant wait until Amber graduates and buys me a house !! laughing1

Congratulations man !! Nice work

P said:
I cant wait until Amber graduates and buys me a house !! laughing1

Congratulations man !! Nice work

I feel the same way told Erin I was quitting my job and she could support me for a few years since I've supported her.

actually I think she told me I could since she would be bringing in 5-6 times what I am now.. i just agreed. :flipoff1: Now if she'll just hurry up and finish law school.

pssssh, supported me? the government has supported me by giving me student loans, so i guess that means i really supported myself.

i don't remember telling you could quit work. i remember telling you you could go back to school. law degree is still 3 years away...oh, and i'll be making FIFTEEN TIMES what you make.

braves10and22 said:
pssssh, supported me? the government has supported me by giving me student loans, so i guess that means i really supported myself.

i don't remember telling you could quit work. i remember telling you you could go back to school. law degree is still 3 years away...oh, and i'll be making FIFTEEN TIMES what you make.
Here we go again :popcorn:

Opossum said:
better be glad you weren't up topside during XRRA when she got into Cabot's rum. :drinkers: talk about some smartassness.
I saw the after effects of it and I guess rum makes you walk sideways laughing1

I remember thinking, damn cabot is not that drunk.....that's a lotta rum missing...then Erin started talking.

I figured it out. molaugh