• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

grooven 44 tsls

lay

NOT FOR SALE
about to groove a set of 44 tsls need some info which pattern does better

[attachment deleted by admin]

seems like from personal experience the Aetna cut (first pic) works alittle better...

But hell, what do I kno...
Those will look Nasty on ur buggy :woot:

I like them both. I have the TN style on my fronts and Aetna cut on the back. I would not recomend that though because they look retarded swapped around and the front will outlast the rear. TN style I like more for rocks, Aetna cut obviousley better for loose stuff. Straight cut is a little easier to do in my opinion, and looks alot tougher.:dblthumb:

Straight cut across like the Caddi buggy is not to bad to do Just takes time. They work well. Do them for the rear.
The ones on the front of Bryans buggy work pretty well also. better for the front.
If you look Bryan has straight cut on the rear and then those every other lug on the front.

What kind of groover do you plan on using?

You could always do them like this. I can't explain how flexy it made them. Its pretty crazy. If you are in T-Town I can show you, keep them at Truck supply.
photoMA24856148-0001.jpg

I used a bad a groover with a 7/8 blade. Careful cuz cords sneek up on you.

I can only speak for the every other lug. I've done mine that way and Norton did his 44's on his runner like that, quite a vast improvement over stock. Its alot of fuggin work but worth it imho.

im thinking the first pic to cheapj7 hell you know where i ride and its always loose and sandy, but im going to make mine look good, like the first pic :dblthumb:

i am trying to make my mind up on the way to groove my tsls im also thinking about the first pic

lay said:
im thinking the first pic to cheapj7 hell you know where i ride and its always loose and sandy, but im going to make mine look good, like the first pic :dblthumb:
. I bet after you do 2 of them you won't give a crap what they look like. To get them clean like on the caddi buggy probably take 4 hours a tire.

I cut a set like the first pic. using a 14 in sawzall blade following it up with a big tire grinding disc. Took me about an hour and 1/2 per tire. But I really like the way Cole's look taking the groover down the side wall :woot: :woot:

I did mine like the first pic and really liked the added flex and traction, but didn't like the rapid wear that went with it, got a new set on the way and probably won't cut them till I get about half the life from them, I can't afford to buy new tires every year.

midsouthfab said:
I cut a set like the first pic. using a 14 in sawzall blade following it up with a big tire grinding disc. Took me about an hour and 1/2 per tire. But I really like the way Cole's look taking the groover down the side wall :woot: :woot:

I am curious how you got a sawzall blade in there to cut them like that. I tried a sawzall blade and a little air saw I had and couldn't get them to fit and make a proper cut. If you have any pics I would like to see. Anything to make it easier than using a groover.

I cut my treps with a sawzall and it worked awesome and didn't take long.

Cole said:
I am curious how you got a sawzall blade in there to cut them like that. I tried a sawzall blade and a little air saw I had and couldn't get them to fit and make a proper cut. If you have any pics I would like to see. Anything to make it easier than using a groover.

I cut my treps with a sawzall and it worked awesome and didn't take long.

x2 on this - I tried a sawzall last weekend and was like WTF :****:

I think the TSLs on the front of the HIGHLIGHTER would make an AWSOME mudd bogg tire ,because of the CLEAN OUT ability they will have, but

you need to be able to ROTATE tires around on to all four corners on a ROCK RIG , IMO.

SO ...........if I were gonna CUT a TSL to that EXTREME.........I would cut them STRAIGHT ACROSS CADDI STYLE ,

and I WOULD NOT CUT THAT FAR DOWN into the SIDEWALL like Cole did........

unless you ONLY ride around in SAND....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

zukiscott said:
and I WOULD NOT CUT THAT FAR DOWN into the SIDEWALL like Cole did........

unless you ONLY ride around in SAND....... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Apparently you have never been around any of the Aetna boys because all of there tires are cut like that and even Camerons tires are cut like that on his new buggy. Thats where I got the idea from.
His are cut deeper than mine.
12180822261.jpg

millerxc said:
I did mine like the first pic and really liked the added flex and traction, but didn't like the rapid wear that went with it, got a new set on the way and probably won't cut them till I get about half the life from them, I can't afford to buy new tires every year.

Same here. I don't care how much better they do i can't afford a new set every year.

I mite grove mine a little, but Im not taking out lugs when they are new. :****:

Yea ,I was at cable hill and saw like 4 of those AETNA cut tires loose a SIDEWALL in like" 2 hours time "last year........

I think it was because of that ROOT on the right side about half way up though.......... :dunno:

Not KNOCKIN yall groovin the tread section like that.........it works like a SUMBITCH , thats PROVEN....

I just would not go down PAST the lugs & onto the sidewall !!