• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gsnw

CentralGrand

Hey all,

Here is the story/link and some pics from a big 4wheelin trip that happened Nov 16 and 17th. Long story short, it was fun, exciting and in the process I did a number on the ol Heep... oh well with some more blood sweat and tears in the next month she'll be roaring back to life :haha: .... enjoy.

Well, Friday Nov 16th we ran the 119 at Liberty (The Old Snowshoe Trail)... after running that trail we were headed on down to run some hillclimbs near 332/323 and my rear end slipped in a rut popped my bead on my tire and it had me on two wheels sliding sideways for close to 10 yards.... then we hit up 339 (Cougar Gulch) which became impossible, and we had to turn around... Keep in mind all rigs were setup with lockers front and rear. It was really slick.... did I mention it was really slick? On the way out we headed up 319 towards Reecer... On the first leg I lost control downhill and creamed a tree at 10-15 mph pivoting my Jeep sideways on the trail almost rolling it to it's death.. or mine :D If that wasn't exciting enough Vinny behind me lost control and came within feet of T-boning me. So after we got out of there and shook it off... we headed to Ellensburg for some food and supplies and headed up to Manastash for the rest of the trip.

Saturday, we awoke to it snowing at Manastash Camp Ground. We were pretty excited since we prayed for snow. So we headed up Tripod Flats trail, then on to Shoestring. We were making really good time so I had an outstanding idea and decided to take the group through "The New Shoestring" ... after having only led them through about 100yrds my rig became hopelessly wedged between two trees where I destroyed my drivers door and mirror and had my hand slammed in the door (there is a pic of it in the door...see if you can find it). By the way... trying to back out 1/2 dozen rigs through there is a pain. As if it needs to be stated, pictures never do ANYTHING justice.... in the pic it looks like my Jeep is parked on flat ground yet it's chillin at nice off camber spot... at least enough to close a door on my hand :mad: (I see a new "caption this" thread in the near future...)..... So we countinued on to Manastash Ridge Trail and took a bypass down around the rocky section in the trail so we could take turns going up it. This particular section is very difficult even in the summer..... Most all made it despite wet slick snow, however this is where I blew a U-joint. Simple fix right? Not really... the outer stub was toast so I had to 2wd High it outta there. My front driveline bolts were rounded off so I had to leave it in High instead of having the option to run it in 2wd Low Range which created difficulties making it through hillclimbs and obsticals as you might imagine. As some might know there are a series of step hills gettin out Manastash Ridge trail and in several spots I was on a strap. On one particular switchback it took 3 Grands tied together pulling me up... a little daisy chain action. Winches are for kids :D Eventually we got out on to the Wells Meadow trail. Here I lost control yet again and slammed my drivers side in a ditch destroying my lower control arm unibody mount and "dislocating my shoulder".... yeah, not fun. In the process the front driveline made contact w/ my tranny pan puttin a nice gash in it:booo: .... so in close to a foot of snow I limped out of there and we had to bring a trailer up... and about at the same time a YJ in our group flipped tryin to act like a rockstar:redneck: .... Needless to say it was eventfull and we'd do it all over again... and so would I!

Picture Links:

http://www.nagca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32649&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.nagca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32649&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Enjoy.... Tread Lightly:D