• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HALE - Rock Race

JRPhillips said:
it is just the gate fee but it is 30 a person now to get in the gate

Is this just for the weekend of the race or have they changed the entry fees ?

We where there a couple weeks ago and it was still $10. :dunno:

bluetoy said:
Is this just for the weekend of the race or have they changed the entry fees ?

We where there a couple weeks ago and it was still $10. :dunno:

That's what I'm wondering...damn $70 for just me and the ol lady to get in...not counting gas/food for the day...that **** adds up. I could even see $35 for rig/driver, but maybe $5 or $10 per passenger.

yea to high for me
i have 4 to get in thats is $120 to ride for a day
plus fuel/ food and propane

No doubt! I'm 2nd guessing going now. I just noticed the $35 per person a couple days ago, I wasn't expecting that. I'd rather go on a weekend that isn't so expensive. Really been wanting to check this place out, but I may wait.

yea im prob not gonna go just because of the price. Its 10 a person on normal weekend and just because their having a rock race and expect a bunch to show up they jack the price up. sounds like they wanna get rich quick. im out on that one. its already gonna cost me a tank of propane, 75 bucks in fuel for my truck, plus 25 for food and beverages

Hell they are givin away a brand new 2011 Honda Rancher...but to me, the funds that pay for that should be out of the pockets of those participating in the rock race that actually have a chance to win it...not the ones that just want to go to ride.

$50 per PERSON for the weekend, I was plannin on showing up Friday night and leaving Sunday morning. Plus it's $30 to enter the race on sat.

Looks like I'll be heading somewhere else.

TacomaJD said:
Hell they are givin away a brand new 2011 Honda Rancher...but to me, the funds that pay for that should be out of the pockets of those participating in the rock race that actually have a chance to win it...not the ones that just want to go to ride.
They arent giving away a chance for the rancher, its 25 $ a ticket for that

Ah....still don't understand where the $35 per person comes in to play at then. Usually when you have a big event like this and you expect a big crowd, even at the standard rates, you're still gonna make bank because so many more ppl are going to attend...and most all of them will buy food if any is going to be provided, raking in even more profit for the day.

Pretty sure we're all just going to Choccolocco to ride this weekend.

I'm planning on going this weekend, but I'll have to take the wifes' JK if I can't find someone to haul the Mutt for me. Apparently I'll never be able to afford a tow rig/trailer :(.

I only live a few miles away in New Market, so if anybody wants to drag my Mutt there we can wheel it all day Sat.

we have been talking about this also. anything over $15.00 for one day to ride a little and watch a rock race is just to much. i also think it is funny that you wont to have a race and then charge $1.50 to take my entry fee.lol ::)

zukiscott said:
AW HELL Josh just drive the damn thing over there :****:

I'm seriously considering it, but yall gotta keep me from doggin on it so I can drive her home. This is very difficult for me after a few :drinkers:.

Let me get this right.
Mrs Peggy and crew at Hale put months of effort into sponsoring an event that includes multiple bands to entertain you on Saturday night and you complain cause they CHARGE for it.
How DARE they? Who the hell do they think they are? :dunno:
If an extra 20 is going to kill you then put a for sale sign on your crawler now, we will be out of places to ride soon enough.
Stay your cheap asses at home and web wheel some more, it's cheaper. :mad:

D

Gonna try to make it up there tomorrow, should be a great day for wheeling and dry to boot.

godevil said:
Let me get this right.
Mrs Peggy and crew at Hale put months of effort into sponsoring an event that includes multiple bands to entertain you on Saturday night and you complain cause they CHARGE for it.
How DARE they? Who the hell do they think they are? :dunno:
If an extra 20 is going to kill you then put a for sale sign on your crawler now, we will be out of places to ride soon enough.
Stay your cheap asses at home and web wheel some more, it's cheaper. :mad:

D

Since you obviously have all the greenbacks and aren't a cheapass, I'll just come on over and you can front my gate fee....oh and my lady's too....that's $70 for two ppl just to get in, ride during daylight hours, load up and go home WITHOUT listening to or giving a **** about hearing a band. If I want to hear a band, I go to a bar or a concert.

phantasmflipoff.gif