• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hand brake for digs

Schotty_yoter

Throwing around the idea of installing a hand break on my buggy so I can do some front digs . Buggy is still in the building process so now would be the time to do it . I'm running a 22r on propane with Aw4/dana300 never ran auto or a Dana 300 so this set up is new to me. I've been reading up on some but would like some input from some one who's done it and what set up did u use. All the diagrams I've found on the pass through says to install it inline with your brake line with no line locks straight from the master cylinder on the vehicle does this work well ? I've also contemplated just having the hand brake operating the rear brakes with no assist from the foot pedal . But I'd like some feed back before I do anything , I've added a pic of my build just so you can see what I'm putting it on .. any input would be much appreciated

Attachments

• F9CE4036-0F41-4817-A0C4-0F45DAEE53FE.jpeg
    F9CE4036-0F41-4817-A0C4-0F45DAEE53FE.jpeg
    988.9 KB · Views: 312
I had one on my jeep (aw4 and dana 300) installed in-line on rear brake line only. When pulled by hand, no pedal input required. Not saying this is the correct set up, but it worked. That said, I very rarely used it so I removed it.

No hand brake. But we do have a line lock on the back brakes with a knob in the cab on our juggy. Turn it one way and it locks out the bake brakes (either with the brakes on or off. depending weather you have the brake peddle push when you turn the knob).
We like it. With it open the back brakes operate like it is not even there.
I will do it again in our next build.

I had one on my jeep (aw4 and dana 300) installed in-line on rear brake line only. When pulled by hand, no pedal input required. Not saying this is the correct set up, but it worked. That said, I very rarely used it so I removed it.
Ya if I don't end up useing it I guess I could always take it out . Never had the opportunity to do front dig before so thought I'd give it try and pipe it inline thanks for your input

No hand brake. But we do have a line lock on the back brakes with a knob in the cab on our juggy. Turn it one way and it locks out the bake brakes (either with the brakes on or off. depending weather you have the brake peddle push when you turn the knob).
Might look into this instead of a hand break sounds cheaper and less conspicuous

Might look into this instead of a hand break sounds cheaper and less conspicuous

i have swagelok ball valve in my front line to take them out and brake only with rear when doing digs.
can also use it as parking brake.
often i dont use it, i just pop the t case in to front drive and brake normaly front will pull trough brakes fine and rears will lock

This is the one I got

ive got a CNC in my buggy, plumbed it in line to the rear brakes. It worked well when I had a rear disconnect. Ive since ditched the disconnect, but kept the hand brake. I like using it to keep from rolling back because 5 speed

Latest posts