• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR- Fall Crawl - October 14-16, 2016 Trail Rig & Bouncer Event

As of right now there is only one class in the trail rig competition. The two options are for separate events during the weekend - one for trail rigs and then a bounty hill for bouncers.

If enough competitors sign up we will divide the trail rig competition into two classes.

I must be confusing myself.

If enough sign up you will make another class....right?

If that's the case, what would that class be? You always have a lot of tube chassis buggies there that don't want any part of a bounty hill, but would maybe get involved in something a little less risky to their equipment and chances of being able to trail ride all weekend.

If enough trail rigs sign up, we may divide the trail rig competition into two classes for different tire sizes or so.

As far as for full cage buggies (hill killer's) the plan is a bounty hill. Not an impossible your gonna break hill, but a timed hill climb.

You can also pre-register by calling me (Steve) @ the campground office at 606-573-9009

Re: Fall Crawl Weekend - Trail Rig Course & Hill Killer Bounty Oct 15th - Harlan

pholmann said:
Hard to say. I guess that would give everyone a class to be in.

Depending upon those interested in competing we're planning on having classes for everyone. If enough near-stock vehicles pending on tire size, frames, four links etc - we'll try to have a class for as many as are interested in competing.

Anyone know of a way to get on a "waiting list" for a cabin rental when someone cancels between now and next week? I just need a small place, but would look at any options.
I'm not big on tent camping at Harlan because the 3 times I have been, it seemed to rain 80-100% of the time. I have gotten hotels before and that is still an option, but the last trip I had a cabin and it was nice to pull up and park and walk inside vs driving back to a hotel at night.

Just need to call the office @ 606 573-9009 during office hours to be put on the list.

As far as hotels there is the Comfort Inn and Benham Inn about 10-12 mins from the campground.

Campground Man said:
Just need to call the office @ 606 573-9009 during office hours to be put on the list.

As far as hotels there is the Comfort Inn and Benham Inn about 10-12 mins from the campground.

Thanks a lot man.

Gonna give campground man some praise on their set up, not only are the cabins really nice and clean, the place is secure as well, everything under surveillance cameras, been going there 3 years and never had anything messed with and I leave a ton of stuff laying in bed of truck, and the kicker is the shop, ripped my anti wrap bar off Friday night and went down sat morning and they have just about every tool on that shed to make ur repairs, welders torches plasma grinders and hand tools, and all they ask is to pay what you think you used, if not for this I woulda been done for the weekend, that's why I will always stay there, thanks campground man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words. There has been many to fix their rig here and get back out on the trails. People have been pretty decent about using the tools etc.

But at least once a year I have to buy all new screw drivers and those giant channel locks - why do they always take the giant channel locks. That and the huge crescent wrenches.

Stephen, how busy is it going to be next weekend? Wanting to come up but don't want to be there alone as nobody is coming with me in another rig. Any cabins left? May call tomorrow and just see. Heck if the course looks doable for me I may sign up and complete!

Team Willys said:
Stephen, how busy is it going to be next weekend? Wanting to come up but don't want to be there alone as nobody is coming with me in another rig. Any cabins left? May call tomorrow and just see. Heck if the course looks doable for me I may sign up and complete!

All Cabins and RV sites are booked - always plenty of tent camping room.

We got the course set up for 3 classes - short course for low to mid 30 inch tires, harder longer course for those with some frame up to 40ish tires, and longest course for the unlimited class. Is one guy with 31's in a ZJ gonna run it.