• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harbor Freight welding wire

Soo,why does it suck ass? I have used a bunch of diff. Wire and I hated the pro star stuff,i thought it was worthless,it bunched up and didnt weld that great. I have used h.f.wire and had pretty good results. Its probably made in the same sweat shop as miller or lincoln.

What makes the **** suck ass cause i live down the street from HF I use there wire like crazy non of my welds ever brake/fail actually about everything Ive built or had been HF wire I guess u just have to know how to weld,I wouldn't by the welder though to run it with but I use .35 mig with gas in a lincoln/miller the **** does the job never had a problem but I will keep using it.

Last edited:
The roll I used welded like ****... I'm betting that the HF wire is a hit and miss kinda thing if others haven't had problems with it...

After the one spool I never bought it again...

I tried the hf stuff once and agree with Luey.
The welds would not lay down like the lincoln wire and loke like ass.
I have not had any of them break but I have not really put the stuff I wealded with it to the ultimate test, And I dont really want to.

You guys are crazy. I use it in my shop and have no problems at all. Way cheaper and works fine. If you think it sucks ass then you don't have your gas regulators set-up properly or you don't know how to weld. :flipoff:

back in the day I welded with coat hangers...with the paint still on them...

And if your really old and cheap you do like I do. Weld all the 5 inch long chunks of coat hanger together to make another full length one.

dood...I remember doing that when I had to make a drivers side header for my A body cuda I put a 383 in with power steering!

And i have a **** ton of HF stuff that I actually like...

x's 2
Like that mix an match LINCOLN/HF welder

I have there plasma cutter for 5 yrs blast through 1/2'' still worked when Ron take it back with a recept from a friend got a brand new one know its blasting good:cheer: but would like to grab a hypertherm some day:booo:

What about there notcher that cuts more on one side (offset)

You gotta put washers underneath the fulcrum to get it to center on the knotcher. It is a piecer but has gotten the job done. The next best knotcher is like $300.

I like the notcher... Yeah you have to shim it, but it's way cheaper to buy than the others...

I use wire hangers with my oxy/ace torch...:fawkdancesmiley:

I need to get over there and pick up the shop flooring for the bus while it's on sale...:redneck:

I have used HF wire in our 110 welder on the boat and I was very sceptical, but once I used it I was very suprized to find how well it lays down (this was flux core Btw). It made a really nice smooth bead, and seemed to have half decent penetration. I wouldn't use it on a cage but for random jobs its fine. As for the higher end stuff you do get what youvpay for but some **** is just over priced all together.

I just got the "Lowes" Lincon electric brand for$38.00 for a 12lb spool,H/f wants $25.00 for a 10lb spool+10 bucks for a 2lb spool,sooooooooooo it was not cost efective for me anyways,thank's for all you're input.