• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Memorial Ride Harlan,KY 2022

Looks like yall was at or close to the helicopter landing pad as they call it. It is worth seeing and basically a straight shot from white tail crawl. You use to be able to loop around into the reclaimed coal area and drop down just outside of Evarts on the hwy. It was a cool loop for leaf looking but they have the coal reclaim closed off now. I know most of the mtn really well at this point but there is still a couple of areas off the normal path that I want to explore. The map really needs updated. None of the stuff on back side of Evarts campground in the park is mapped but you can ride the powerlines up to the top and make a decent sized loop up there before dropping back off. Its all marked but not mapped. The backside of lions den is the same way. Head toward cliff hanger then take the hard left down the mtn and there is unmapped but marked stuff all over back in there.
We were actually at the helicopter pad at one point but visibility was less than a 100yds probably from fog and mist but I heard the view is great, we continued out past the pad and eventually ended up on a coal road and went left. We rode that a long way and was almost in town lol, we had been drinking pretty good and turned back. I think I seen the entrance to white tail crawl. Is the exit up by that old shelter house ? I wanna run that next year if so.

Listen here, I never said it was perfect. Lol
It actually worked pretty well. Saved us a few times. My buddy had that onX Offroad app and it kinda sucked. Did run into a guy on a Sxs that had a tablet with a pretty good map system on it. Dunno if it was Polaris ride command or what, I know there a good one out there but it's expensive and not worth it to me for one trip a year

Yessir. I usually don't mess with the middle but after watching a guy running 50" mega sx's get denied, I figured I would at least put tires on it. Couple of well timed bumps and some spotting by Mattman347 made it not too bad.
Did you start at the middle at the beginning or once ya got the big rock towards middle and ya went left around it? My buddy tried that line and got denied, I went right and was fairly easy

Did you start at the middle at the beginning or once ya got the big rock towards middle and ya went left around it? My buddy tried that line and got denied, I went right and was fairly easy
I went this way
FB_IMG_1665064503436.jpg

We were actually at the helicopter pad at one point but visibility was less than a 100yds probably from fog and mist but I heard the view is great, we continued out past the pad and eventually ended up on a coal road and went left. We rode that a long way and was almost in town lol, we had been drinking pretty good and turned back. I think I seen the entrance to white tail crawl. Is the exit up by that old shelter house ? I wanna run that next year if so.
Most likely so if we are thinking about the same one. The exit has got nasty unless some of the big rocks moved again. Been a few months since I seen it.

Most likely so if we are thinking about the same one. The exit has got nasty unless some of the big rocks moved again. Been a few months since I seen it.
It's still pretty rough looking. Had a metal drainage pipe coming out in it exit ?

Swear this is one of the fastest changing trails in the southeast.
I couldn't believe how much the right side has opened up. But with it just being a dirt wall, was only a matter of time until the rzr's wore it down to where they can make it up. The middle isn't terrible once you get up on it. But the bottom holds so much water and mud that you're stuck trying to climb up with slick tires

I couldn't believe how much the right side has opened up. But with it just being a dirt wall, was only a matter of time until the rzr's wore it down to where they can make it up. The middle isn't terrible once you get up on it. But the bottom holds so much water and mud that you're stuck trying to climb up with slick tires
Gotta hit it with speed :ROFLMAO:

Managed to get away yesterday so me and dad headed to harlan. Literally didnt take a single picture but rode mason jar, lions den, water fall, rail bed, steel hill, fish fossil, little jager, lower rock garden, killin time, lower profanity, valvestem, middle rock garden, grapevine, down intimidator, shameless, budds bypass rock crawl, whitetail, then back across the ridge to the truck and home. Was most excellent day.

Managed to get away yesterday so me and dad headed to harlan. Literally didnt take a single picture but rode mason jar, lions den, water fall, rail bed, steel hill, fish fossil, little jager, lower rock garden, killin time, lower profanity, valvestem, middle rock garden, grapevine, down intimidator, shameless, budds bypass rock crawl, whitetail, then back across the ridge to the truck and home. Was most excellent day.
That's a good day right there. We hit about 3/4 of those but we had some issue that slowed us down.

That's a heck of a day trip.

Latest posts