• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan trail question

I made it out the old exit the weekend before Fall Crawl at night. It was a muddy mess beatdown. One other denied and another flopped hard trying. They cut the trail on up 5 or so years ago. We ran it new and was a foot deep of nasty goo. It washed out and they never made any repairs. It could be a great trail with a little work.

We talked about the trails out past Mason Jar when we went out to the rail station. That is a long way away out. I would like to see them sometime but you better leave early, just in case.

Rode Rogers ridge a few weeks ago, great short trail... actually where my signature pic was taken. I think frankenstein is closed tho last i remember (trees cut down across it)....Anyone know if Tailgate still exists? I remember watching the Bacon guys tear that hill up back in the day, but looked challenging.

Close friend of mine got air cared after a quad accident going down frankenstein....about 2 years ago.

Ain`t frankenstein the one that has a ledge and comes out up by the radio tower? I believe we had to turn around and go back down it last year because past the radio tower there was trees down. I tried to find Tailgate last year and couldn`t find it for nothing. Rode all through that bottom and just couldn`t find nothing that looked like it.

truckbroke said:
Ain`t frankenstein the one that has a ledge and comes out up by the radio tower? I believe we had to turn around and go back down it last year because past the radio tower there was trees down. I tried to find Tailgate last year and couldn`t find it for nothing. Rode all through that bottom and just couldn`t find nothing that looked like it.

Yes that's it, but you can keep going past the radio tower now back to other trails.

cool.. We went to windrock this year for our big 5day trip instead of Harlan. First time in 10 years we didn`t go to Harlan. I like windrock but, it ain`t Harlan. My personal opinion is Harlan is the best on the east coast. If I lived around windrock I`d have to redo my cooling system just go up the damn paved road. Damn that's big ass climb.

bbtank45 said:
..Anyone know if Tailgate still exists? I remember watching the Bacon guys tear that hill up back in the day, but looked challenging.

Its still there and its what I call claim as dangerous. Im sure its climbable BUT if something happened, lost brakes or wrecked, you would be in really bad shape by the time you quit rolling and the rig would probably be destroyed. If you go to middle fork from putney and go straight across middle fork, take the first left and stay straight until it dead ends to a left or right. Go right and tailgate is on the left.

truckbroke said:
cool.. We went to windrock this year for our big 5day trip instead of Harlan. First time in 10 years we didn`t go to Harlan. I like windrock but, it ain`t Harlan. My personal opinion is Harlan is the best on the east coast. If I lived around windrock I`d have to redo my cooling system just go up the damn paved road. Damn that's big ass climb.

Hahaha, true story, last time we were there I bet 3,4 rigs were stopped to cool off at the entrance. 1 was with us :****:

I would like to go do the Grace trail i haven't hit it yet seen 2 videos on utube but there older

alscott said:
Its still there and its what I call claim as dangerous. Im sure its climbable BUT if something happened, lost brakes or wrecked, you would be in really bad shape by the time you quit rolling and the rig would probably be destroyed. If you go to middle fork from putney and go straight across middle fork, take the first left and stay straight until it dead ends to a left or right. Go right and tailgate is on the left.

I could only find vids from 5-6 years ago and it didn't look like anything crazy. plenty of trees around too to help a mistake. :dunno:

1tfrot said:
I could only find vids from 5-6 years ago and it didn't look like anything crazy. plenty of trees around too to help a mistake. :dunno:

Videos never do justice. Cream puff looks like a gravel road in most videos.

I went to tailgate last year its just stupid i drove up the the ledge and that was a challenge you would have to have some huge balls to hit that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Damn I hate we couldn't find it. I at least wanted to see it. Rattle rock was a super cool trail. The best technical crawl I've ever been to. The Stickies were doing work. Really wanted to hit it again before we left but just didn't get to. We hit every black and black and red trail on the east side of the map. Only place we didn't get to was over at the atomic ridge side of the map. Everbody said we better take extra gas if we to that side it's so far.

alscott said:
Videos never do justice. Cream puff looks like a gravel road in most videos.

very true, but creampuff is not at all difficult when dry unless it has changed a ton

karatejosh said:
I went to tailgate last year its just stupid i drove up the the ledge and that was a challenge you would have to have some huge balls to hit that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thumb.gif

Latest posts