• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harvesting An LS Engine

mna0121

A while back I traded my junk yard buddy out of a 2011 2500 van. My dad and I got it running (fuel Pump) so I drove it around home quiet a bit. It runs like a top and a shame to take it apart but I can't get it titled. This weekend I finally got around to taking it apart. I removed the body from the chassis, I took the computer and fuse block from under the hood and the gas peddle and radiator. I also took the fuse block from under driver seat just for the heck of it.
What else do I need to get before I take the body back to the yard? I am keeping the chassis for now, the entire drive train is all in tact in the chassis under a barn, body is on a trailer ready for the junk yard. RTR

Get all electric connections and cut the exhaust as far back as is convenient also get slip yokes bc you will need it if using that trans I also like to get air box and overflow tank bc you never know might be able to reuse

I got all of that except the elect connections that go through the fire wall into the cab. I removed the gas peddle connection at the second connection, do I need anything else from inside the cab? I even took the trailer brake controller and horn. RTR

I followed the wire from the connector and it quickly goes into the wiring harness. I even removed the lower dash and still can't find a control box for the throttle pedal so I got on the computer for research. I Found out what we are talking about is called the throttle actuator control module or TAC ? I googled TAC for a 2011 express van and it looks like it is controlled in the computer? I searched Rockauto for the module but didn't find it. What do you think? RTR

mna0121 said:
I followed the wire from the connector and it quickly goes into the wiring harness. I even removed the lower dash and still can't find a control box for the throttle pedal so I got on the computer for research. I Found out what we are talking about is called the throttle actuator control module or TAC ? I googled TAC for a 2011 express van and it looks like it is controlled in the computer? I searched Rockauto for the module but didn't find it. What do you think? RTR

2011 is Gen4, pedal goes into the BCM (for cruise control) then the ECM IIRC.

When you thin the wiring harness you have to wire the pedal directly to the ECM.

No TAC module on this baby.

That is what I was thinking. I found the part number for the TAC and ran it on a couple of part sites and found nothing after 07 I think. So all I really need is the pedal itself? Is there any of the wiring harness I need from inside the cab? RTR

mna0121 said:
That is what I was thinking. I found the part number for the TAC and ran it on a couple of part sites and found nothing after 07 I think. So all I really need is the pedal itself? Is there any of the wiring harness I need from inside the cab? RTR

You need the pedal and the plug + wiring harness that goes with it. Try to keep as long of wires as possible, will make it easier to pin them back in the ECU later on