• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hasnt this been covered somewhere before?

skipnrocks

I cant seem to find the same tranny tcase combo to know if this is ok. Can a chevy 205 be clocked up to parallel to the ground and still maintain clearance with th400 tranny? It has a round pattern so we got a clocking ring for it. The tranny was being rebuilt at a shop and we were going to have them clock it before they put it back together, they say it cant be done. But they have never tried. I know it gets done but does it require a split front drive shaft to clear?

I don't know about the 205 but i have my atlas clocked almost flat and the d-shaft is really close to the vacuum modulater on the th400, i had to get a skinny 1.5" driveshaft and the vacuum hose off the modulater still leaves rub marks on it.

If your running a manual valve body you could just get rid of that modulator i reckon

Mine isn't clocked completely flat but it's up pretty high. I just run one front shaft and it clears my 400 fine. I just run the slip on the case end to have more room. It's a round pattern 205 too.

whiskeymakin said:
depends on where your front axle is. high in the frame or with a huge lift

No huge lift buggy on 40 in stickies with about 15 in of gc under the skid aird downn, and probably 19 to the frame.

Sounds like it is definatly worth a shot!

If the pan width of a TH400 is anything similar to that of a 4l80e then completely flat or stock is about the only clocking locations you can use (or atleast that's how it looked to me) The mid-range of the 3 position clocking ring was a no go in my application. It's still tight with it clocked all the way up.
Took a pic of the angle from the front 60 yoke looking back torwards the t-case which is clocked flat.

That is a great pic thanks! I am not a 100% on how close the dimensions are on the th400 vs. 4l80 but it looks and sounds like it should be do-able.