• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hazards Associated with the job

FroggF350

Post up some pics or vids of some dangerous or sketchy things you have witnessed while on the job.

I know alot people here have dangerous jobs or run into dangerous situations often. I work for the Georgia Power as a first responder to emergency outages and get to see some strange things. Over the last few months Ive been trying to pull out the camera and get some videos.

Transformer fire

Hazards of Line Work
11,400 Volts Underground Transformer on fire
A tractor ran over this transformer
2012-09-24_21-34-08_179.jpg

2012-09-24_21-31-50_43.jpg

Nothing too bad

DSC00888.jpg

This was a 30' pipe that fell over 1000' and landed about 15' from me there was 14' of pipe sticking out of the ground!
DSC00276.jpg

Glorified tree trimmer that day
Crown-Bender-DemolitionPictures011.jpg

no pictures from me but just picture this

every once in a while your walking down a hallway (range) with caged in people (inmates)
who get board or mad and throw piss and **** on you .....and on rare occasion you might get to see
them mating...or get stabbed (shanked) while walking around during there feeding times

yeah thats always good fun and a really good discussion over dinner with the wife and kids

panzer said:
no pictures from me but just picture this

every once in a while your walking down a hallway (range) with caged in people (inmates)
who get board or mad and throw piss and **** on you .....and on rare occasion you might get to see
them mating...or get stabbed (shanked) while walking around during there feeding times

yeah thats always good fun and a really good discussion over dinner with the wife and kids
What prison? Indiana right?

Underground Coal Miner.

Its always Dark, Everything tries to Kill you.

Its either Bad air, roof or ribs caving in on you, equipment crushing you, or high voltage cables ready to light your ass up.

Real friendly kind of place.

This was a line up the side of a mountain. Of course all the poles are concrete, and u can't get buckets to all of the poles.
uzanezyg.jpg
a8apa4er.jpg
5avybu5u.jpg
8e7y8usa.jpg

Re: Re: Hazards Associated with the job

I'm a correctional officer also so I see some fights but I've never had piss and **** thrown on me.id have to beat the **** out of a inmate if that did happen

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

hysypyta.jpg

This was last winter. I'm sure we'll be driving on snow and ice covered roads again soon. Oh that's I-90 in Idaho.

nu6a9ere.jpg

Little blow out on the trailer. Super singles are a pain. Sat for 6 hours waiting on the tire guy because the roads where so icey nobody wanted to come out. That was I-80 in Wyoming

5onrocks said:
Covered in HF acid..... Not cool

Worked with that ****.....ONLY on supplied air. That **** ain't no joke!

Can't take pics at work. REALLY wish I had a pic of the blower we blew up with methanol last month. I was about 50yrds away when it lit off....Had just walked past it. Hell of a BOOM. 50yrds seems like a good distance until something explodes. It twisted some pipe and angle iron like I've never seen before. Sheared some big ass bolts like they were nothing.

Lowering pipe in the ditch.
Hell, if the tractor's too small just set an excavator on the counter weight. Hope the cable holds...

DSC01358-1.jpg

I have an average of 18-20 high school kids in a welding shop all day. Believe it or not there are a few dangers with that

InDaShop said:
I got a paper cut the other day, and about 3 weeks ago had a staple light up my pinky. :flipoff1:

Paper cuts are my biggest fear. Talk about ending the career of an accountant in fell swoop...

Draco said:
Worked with that ****.....ONLY on supplied air. That **** ain't no joke!

Can't take pics at work. REALLY wish I had a pic of the blower we blew up with methanol last month. I was about 50yrds away when it lit off....Had just walked past it. Hell of a BOOM. 50yrds seems like a good distance until something explodes. It twisted some pipe and angle iron like I've never seen before. Sheared some big ass bolts like they were nothing.

I'm not suppose to have that picture but I do! I was smoking like I was on fire, ruined a high dollar harness and ate the paint off of the vessel and the floor. Burned my ears and neck pretty good too. I'm not in the field anymore thank god but most people have no clue about the dangers surrounding the Decatur area........ Brown's Ferry doesn't hold a candle to Daikin, BP and 3M

a8anequv.jpg

I own a tree service, I see sketchy **** on a daily basses!! That's about 130' up,my bucket truck is 75' and we were able to take off one limb using it, and got out