• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired HD 400 case

I have a 68 two wheel drive turbo 400 that from what I was told is supposed to be the heavy duty one unless your talking about an aftermarket case. 100$ if it's what you need

Neal3000 said:
Should have a big HD on it in raised letters on the bellhousing iirc.

Check ebay. I just bought this one last week.

Attachments

• th400.JPG
    th400.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 64
I've looked on the eBay just looking on here first
where is the beef on the HD cases I've got a ultra belhousing I'm going 2 use

payne97 said:

From what little I read, HD cases are slightly stronger castings that came out of K30 crew cab dually's (3x3's). I believe the tail housing flange is a little thicker along the top and bottom and the mounting surface at the bolt hole's on the bellhousing are a little thicker with more gusset added to the casting design. I've been considering the Ultra Bell as well. They are definitely a much beefier bell but I just wonder how strong the pump mounting section of the case is since that's where the Ultra Bell mounts to. I talked to my builder about the UB and he didn't have anything bad to say about them.. he actually ran one on his trans for a while and while he didn't break a case or the ultra bell, he did bend the bolts once that mount the bell to the pump housing.

payne97 said:

I thought that the hd is only stronger in the bellhousing area?

Neal3000 said:
I thought that the hd is only stronger in the bellhousing area?

Thicker flange at the rear tailhousing / adapter mount. Bellhousing mounting surface is slightly thicker with larger gussets around each mounting hole.

Attachments

• Th400 comparison.jpg
    Th400 comparison.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts