• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Header Gaskets

If its at the block, I would use regular manifold gaskets. If its at the collect, cut it off and weld it just like you would put a muffler on it.

I used to have issues with them on a 72 C-10 truck - almost every other week. I started to use 2 manifold Gaskets on each side and never had an issue again.

The old 350 I took out of my truck didnt have the gaskets on the block and they didnt leak. If they are on the collecter part, I just use copper RTV and tighten them good

J.A.B said:
I used to have issues with them on a 72 C-10 truck - almost every other week. I started to use 2 manifold Gaskets on each side and never had an issue again.

Did you run it for a while and then re tighten all the bolts? sometimes that helps

if your running 1 5/8 primary you need to run a gasket or they will leak. i would recommend copperseal gaskets from Mr Gaskets or Earl graphite foil gaskets

We run dirt track cars an never run header gaskets we just use red high temp rtv and never have any leaks just be very generous with the rtv we run all season and never have leaks