• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

hei on a tbi motor

RBaker

I need to know if i replace my distributor and coil with a hei will it affect my computer.

blacksheep10 said:
fairly certain it won't be able to time itself. part of what the tbi system does, is adjust timing as needed when it senses knock/etc. Not saying someone couldn't make it work, just stating that it is made to be in there
[/quote

Your right on Kelly... I run a fast kit TBI with an HEI distributor and the kit came with a small module to "clean up" the dirty trigger signal from the HEI...From what I have heard, he will have to trace the wire on the main wiring harness that gathers the trigger signal off of the distributer and rewire for the HEI with a wired in filter...Call the guys at FAST they should be able to tell you for sure... Here is there website info http://www.fuelairspark.com/ Good luck RBaker

Thanks guys i am putting this motor in a yj buggy so I bought the painless harness. The harness came with a pig tail type connector that attaches the harness to the distributor. I just wonder if this special connector is for this purpose.

I would certainly talk to painless about it so nothing goes wrong...Keep in mind some parts of the harness could be for different applications and it is not worth tearing nothing up.. Good luck and let us know what you find out...