• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help! 4.0 liter question AGAIN

MarcW

so, jeep is STILL coughing and sputtering when cold (not much when hot) PASSED EMISSIONS today. no codes at all.

new-
IACV
TPS
Cap and rotor
Plugs
fuel filter
5.0 injectors
new K&N with fabbed intake
fresh oil

checked the cat, its definitly not clogged, :redneck: neither is the muffler.
checked both O2 sensors, they are still good. good fuel pressure. drives awesome when not coughing/sputtering. spins the tires pretty easily in first, and into second, with 31's and 3.07s :flipoff:

what the hell could it be? frequency has reduced, but its not gone, almost every time i drive it, it falls on its face, and tries to die. im goin crazy over here :mad:

Temp sensor for the computer?

new as of 6 months ago, had to replace it when i put in a new guage cluster with a tach. i will check it out and make sure its hooked up. just went through the fuse box'es, no dead fuses. none loose. im still at a loss here.

crank sensor. make sure it's tight, make sure the harness is'nt melted to the back of the head, and ohm check it cold. terminal a & c on the connector, should be open or infinite resistance.

just put the crank sensor on when i replaced the trans about 3k miles ago. all tight, new, and wiring looked great.

one thing i've learned, windshields in my cherokee olny last about a year :(

new as of 6 months ago, had to replace it when i put in a new guage cluster with a tach. i will check it out and make sure its hooked up. just went through the fuse box'es, no dead fuses. none loose. im still at a loss here.

Not the temp sensor for the gauge...there should be a seperate one for the computer.

i replaced the one in the back of the cylinder head, theres one up front on the thermostat housing, ill replace that next.