• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help is there a Suzuki tech in the house?

Outback

Have a Y2k Grand Vitara 2.5L 5-spd 4wd.
Do not have a shop manual so troubleshooting is total fun.:booo:
I'll be ordering that $99.00 sucker today!

Symptom: It ran perfectly on Saturday. Parked it.
Sunday morning... No Start.:mad:
It cranks and spins over just fine, and coughs and sputters just enough to let you know that it would start... if SOMETHING was still functioning. (I hate EFI!)
A shot of ether get it to cough over a more few revs, so I'm guessing that it has a fuel issue... Could be totally wrong... (I hate EFI!)
Looking on line says that the Fuel pump relay is located next to the Fuse box. Putting a finger on the relay case indicates that all 4 of them click in some order when the key is turned on. None of them is apparently removable or replaceable as I can not get any of them out.
More web searching turned up a wiring diagram indicating the Pink/Blk wire is the one to the in-tank pump. Finding no place to access it I shoved a pin through the insulation and there is 12V in the wire back in the jack compartment, at least some of the time.
There is Fuel in the tank.
The fuel filter was changed last spring.
(I hate EFI!)

I hate guessing that the pump is the problem at over $200, and pooching around with removing the tank....
The local NAPA says that every part from the pump, to the filter, to the relays are "Dealer only" which I find hard to believe since I know that WIX lists the filter... be that as it may; it is 30 miles to the nearest parts store that will have to order the parts, or dealer (who's reputation SUCKS) and I would like to get the correct parts IF I can as it will save tonz of time...

TIA
Chris

Is there a ground wire that has come loose?

Can you look on that diagram and find the ground wire to the pump and make sure it is good?

KarlVP said:
Is there a ground wire that has come loose?

Can you look on that diagram and find the ground wire to the pump and make sure it is good?

Good thought! I do not find any ground wires BUT I can not see the wire actually connecting to the pump without dropping the tank...

Makes you wonder: If you are stupid enough to put a fuel pump in a tank why you would not put an access panel for same in the body work...
Oh...
I guess I answered that question didn't I.

Chris

Outback said:
Have a Y2k Grand Vitara 2.5L 5-spd 4wd.
Do not have a shop manual so troubleshooting is total fun.:booo:
I'll be ordering that $99.00 sucker today!

Symptom: It ran perfectly on Saturday. Parked it.
Sunday morning... No Start.:mad:
It cranks and spins over just fine, and coughs and sputters just enough to let you know that it would start... if SOMETHING was still functioning. (I hate EFI!)
A shot of ether get it to cough over a more few revs, so I'm guessing that it has a fuel issue... Could be totally wrong... (I hate EFI!)
Looking on line says that the Fuel pump relay is located next to the Fuse box. Putting a finger on the relay case indicates that all 4 of them click in some order when the key is turned on. None of them is apparently removable or replaceable as I can not get any of them out.
More web searching turned up a wiring diagram indicating the Pink/Blk wire is the one to the in-tank pump. Finding no place to access it I shoved a pin through the insulation and there is 12V in the wire back in the jack compartment, at least some of the time.
There is Fuel in the tank.
The fuel filter was changed last spring.
(I hate EFI!)

I hate guessing that the pump is the problem at over $200, and pooching around with removing the tank....
The local NAPA says that every part from the pump, to the filter, to the relays are "Dealer only" which I find hard to believe since I know that WIX lists the filter... be that as it may; it is 30 miles to the nearest parts store that will have to order the parts, or dealer (who's reputation SUCKS) and I would like to get the correct parts IF I can as it will save tonz of time...

TIA
Chris

did you try pumping the gas? the choke might be stuck and not closing

KarlVP said:
What was it?

Injector bleed down.
Start it like a Carb... Foot on the floor turn the key.. Oh yes EFI is so much better... fwaking smoke everywhere but it did start and it is running:clappy:

Thanks 4link!

Chris
Who has never had as much trouble with 30-years of Carburetors as with 15-years of EFI...:haha:

Injector bleed down.
Start it like a Carb... Foot on the floor turn the key.. Oh yes EFI is so much better... fwaking smoke everywhere but it did start and it is running:clappy:

Thanks 4link!

Chris
Who has never had as much trouble with 30-years of Carburetors as with 15-years of EFI...:haha:

i love efi and fear carbs:flipoff:

i love efi and fear carbs:flipoff:

I have no "fear" of EFI. I dislike EFI. Significant difference I would say!
I have enough Dyno seat time to have no appreciation for EFI’s inadequacies and inefficiency! For the amount of complexity current EFI predicates it should give you something more then a Carb has been capable of for the past 60+years.

Chris

For the amount of complexity current EFI predicates it should give you something more then a Carb has been capable of for the past 60+years.

Chris

It does...

better fuel economy, double the engine life, less fuel washdown to the oil, better emmisions, longer spark plug wear, easy cold start and better driveability, and on and on...

I would never have another carb in any of my vehicles.

Carbs are for those that do not understand electronics.

It does...

better fuel economy, double the engine life, less fuel washdown to the oil, better emmisions, longer spark plug wear, easy cold start and better driveability, and on and on...

I would never have another carb in any of my vehicles.

Carbs are for those that do not understand electronics.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've written the maps for EFI. Been around "Electronics" all my life, dear ol'dad is a Double E.
However I'll give you the emissions when all the sensors are new!
Maybe the cold start though my Carbs will start at -30F so no big.
Other then that, you need to quit reading the sales literature.:fawkdancesmiley:

Who the hell brought this back from the dead?

Suzuki EFI question then... Same rig... Is it possible to clean a MAP sensor or do I just go buy a new one for 2X the price of a Carb Kit?:wtf: