• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help! Loping idle on 4.0 FI

mudhoney

My 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo has a loping idle and on the road it is getting worse. I tested fuel pressure on fuel rail, it is at 41 lbs while idling. I checked the codes by turning key off and on several times, it came up with a 55, which is ok. I do have an exhaust leak but not sure if it is related. Every time it lopes i hear a slight tick coming from what apears to be the PCM, on the passenger firewall. Any help or direction is appreciated. Im not to familiar with the Jeep. (i am a toyota guy):rolleyes:

a cylinder ballance check would be a good idea like pulling 1 plug wire at a time, maybe a vaccume reading have you checked that kind of stuff?

I'm to impatient and frustrated took it to the dealer last night. Huge crack in manifold. They are going to give it a good tune up and test again on a cold start. They tested all cylinders 2 @ 145 all others in the 150's all the sensors checked out ok no leaks and No codes came up with the diagnostics. Looks like i will be putting on the manifold.

Latest posts