• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help TLT Dudes

I haven't got that far yet, but any wobble will be exaggerated the farther you move the wheel out. It might be possible to shim the axle to take up any slop?

I found the problem.
Looking at the TLT manuel it doesn't show installing the outer bushing/or bearing for the steering knuckle till later in the manuel. The inner bearing was installed during the assembly of the axle per instructions. The install of the outer isn't mentioned till close to the end of the whole install and when its time to install the wheels/tires.
The instructions are kinda ass backwards IMO!

All is fixed and the slop is gone.

Hehe I had noticed that as well with the TLT instructions. But right about there's when I stopped using them. Of course the axles are pretty much done at that point as well.

Instructions??? WTF are those?!?! :D

You've inspired me Mike, I should have an almost roller by the end of the day, but I still won't have esc / motor, so there's no chance it will be ready for Saturday.

Tom C - are you gonna be running for by Saturday?

Good question. I'm not waiting for much else to finish up. ESC and Wideners should show up in the mail sometime this week and the rest of the stuff I hope to pick up from the hobby store later on today. I'm just worried that I won't have time to get any practice in before the comp. Should be a blast anyway though.

Hey Tom. I'll be just a new as you running the 2.2 class.
Totally different game then the Supers.
I have mine rolling now but I'm soo used to using the thumb switch for rear steer that its messing me up big time. hehe

Practice, like instructions, is over-rated! :redneck:

One thing I have found out is that driving around on the rocks is totally different than making it through gate markers.

smr4runner said:
I found the problem.
Looking at the TLT manuel it doesn't show installing the outer bushing/or bearing for the steering knuckle till later in the manuel. The inner bearing was installed during the assembly of the axle per instructions. The install of the outer isn't mentioned till close to the end of the whole install and when its time to install the wheels/tires.
The instructions are kinda ass backwards IMO!

All is fixed and the slop is gone.
I guess you must have had way more wobble than me. Mine wobble a little and I thought that was what you were talking about. Glad you got it fixed. Hope to meet you guys saturday.:D

Well the TLT is complete. Well....99.9% complete.
It goes on its shakedown run tomorrow. Maybe during my lunch hour.
Oh ya. Did I ever tell you I only work 10minutes from Des Moines Beach.. he he....Muuuwwaahhhhhaaaahhhhaaaa!!!! :D :clappy: :flipoff: :kissmyass: :looser: :rb:

So I was working to install the Super Blackfoot axles, and was trying to get the stupid thing to steer. I trimmed the cups back to match the stockers, but should I make them shorter still? I don't want to cut to much and have the axle pop out under load.

also, do use the stock hexes, or is there something else I should use? It looks like I need to drill them out to fit down over the drive pin.

Hey Todd.
I used the stock axle stubs.
The only mods I made to the steering is to trim the axle casing where the steering arm of the steering knuckle is hitting.

I don't see any other way of improving the turn radius without hopping up to alum steering knuckles.

Mike

I believe I B did some modifications to the stub axles to get his to steer farther. I'm gonna have to check out what he did on Saturday. Once you trim back the housing, the axle hitting that drive cup is the next thing that stops it, but I think more steering is possible.

Todd1803 said:
I believe I B did some modifications to the stub axles to get his to steer farther. I'm gonna have to check out what he did on Saturday. Once you trim back the housing, the axle hitting that drive cup is the next thing that stops it, but I think more steering is possible.

Yes. I was looking at the inner part of the stub after the shakedown run today. I see I can grind the stub that connects to the axle pin down abit.

VMGontheRocks said:
TLT's will not turn as well as Supers because it is 2ws vs 4ws.

Really? I was wondering why my thumb switch wasn't working. LMAO! :kissmyass: :flipoff: :redneck: :wtf: :beer:

Latest posts