• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

help !!! with toyota 22r charging problem

wheeler57

i just swapped out an altornator in my 1981 toyota the motor is for an 84 put the altornator in and it still will not charge people at napa tested the old one and said it was a BAD so i figured that was the problem if you guys could help that would be great thanks

Make sure the plug is in good. I had a new alternator and it wasn't charging because the plug was slightly crooked.

im ganna go give it a seconf look over at the plugs grounds i also could use a voltage meter diconnect it right before the regualtor see if its pushing anything out

Get rid of the crappy Toyota salt and put a Chevy one wire in it.
You can make the stock brackets work.

Werd the stock alternators are pretty reliable from the factory but I have yet to find any aftermarket that don't die in short order. I only run factory parts till they puke and put a GM alternator on and never look back.

Yep one wire GM. Your truck is a first gen. Its likely the crappy wiring and regulator in the truck.

Just get rid of it and use a nice $40 gm 1 wire like said already.

ok so this is where im at there is nothing wronge with the altornator
originaly the battry should be mounted under the hood well its in the (bed)
well it most cases there would be a wire from the fuze box under the hood that runs to the battery and another that runs to the starter... well in my case theres a wire from the battery to the starter and a wire from the starter to nothing its all taped up there there wires that are spliced into that positve from the starter and the wires that were taped together are melted curoted and some ark out when u touch then to a groundbut im just gana put the battery back in the engine bay and try to get the wiring back to stock bye the way i had nothing to do with the hack job wiring setup