• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HELP!!!!

96cherokeexj

Bought a 96 grand Cherokee for $500, spent $37 on a new ignition coil and spent $55 having it towed home. so im right at $600 into it. I got in it to check the transmission and it park it acts as if the emergency brake is on and doesnt rev past 3500, in reverse it does the same but here is where it gets weird in n-d-2-1 it will pull forward in all gears. Any thoughts on what it could be? Really need to get it figured out quick thanks in advance for any help

4.0 or 5.2? 96 is obd2 right? either way pull the codes and post them.. sounds to me like you have a 2 different problems..

Your description doesn't make sense. Recollect your findings and post up a better detailed scenario.

while the jeep is in park it doesn't rev past 3500rpms but acts as if it wants to pull forward with you. Does the same exact thang in reverse want rev past 3500rpms and wants to pull forward. In neutral, Drive, 1st, & 2nd the jeep will pull forward no problem. I changed the filter and atf but it does the same thang.. Its a 5.2

I would check codes, for the tranny also if it's computer contolled. What you are describing doesn't make a lot of sense. Sounds like shifter needs adjusted but that doesn't explain no reverse. Also may check the throttle position sensor if this is a 4.0, they have been known to cause some really strange issues including transmission problems because the tranny receives a signal from the tps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use to have a 78 dodge ramcharger 4 wheel drive I had the trans rebuilt and after the warranty ran out something broke in there. When it was in park and crank it up it would try to go forward and any gear you put it in it would go forward no reverse no neutral only forward but it would shift throught first second and drive so I left it alone and drove the hell out it 3 motors later it still work until I got rid of it but I have no idea why it did it and 20 years later I still don't know. I hope another trans fixs for you good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk