• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Help

MADDMUDDER

I need advise on the easiest way to put my jeep lower control arm back on.
I lifted my jeep and I know the springs and everything will work but getting it all to line back up on the 4th wheel is killing me. Other than that the jeep project is blasting it's way to being done:mad:

I moved this to general tech.

I use a bottle jack between the frame and the axle to push it out and a hammer to line it up. Generally when things are drooped, that's how it will sit (the distance between both control arm mounts is too short for the arm).

Put the FRAME on jackstands as high as it will go, then use a jack to move the axle up and down until the hole lines up. This method works every time.

If they are adjustable control arms, are they the same length?

They are stock control arms. I put ZJ coils on my jeep and they look good but getting the arm back on is a beeoch. broke 1 jack stand and a jack already this jeep is evil.

Allow me to clarify, you only want to jack up ONE side of the axle at a time, now the whole thing. you want it to "articulate" as you try to line up the hole.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the tips. when i lowered it and pulled it out side it all just came together. now the zj coils are higher in the rear then the front ( engine weight ) but spacers in the front can fix that. also gonna get a t-case lowering kit. but she is almost done. 3" of lift for $295 not bad.:clappy: