• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

High pressure hose propane

Jcampbell54

I'm going to go look at a propane kit for my toyota. The guy says its complete minus the high pressure hose. Any body have any idea the cost of one of these? I'm trying to weigh the difference in price from that or buying a new kit. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

I would not advise using hydraulic hose on a propane system. The inner liner is not compatible with propane and will eventually crack. Then it will either restrict or close off internally and in either case allow fuel to seep through to the outer layer. This can seep through in the form of hundreds of microscopic pinholes or cause blisters to appear on the outside of the hose. Each blister can have enough propane to create a huge problem. Motor fuel hose has "LPG/CNG USE" printed on the outside to distinguish it from hydraulic hose.

A propane hose kit is not much more expensive than using the wrong kind of hoses especially when human life can be at stake. I don't care who you get your parts from I just want everyone safe. One accident can have a huge negative impact on this sport.

Sincerely,

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827, office
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

Re: Re: High pressure hose propane

I'm sure buddy its right but I've used plan hydraulic in past and suffered no I'll effects. Either way, the pressure hose isn't expensive enough to bee the determining factor in any lpg purchase imho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We've flared out and put fittings on 3/8" hard fuel lines and have had good luck with it. Not sure what the down sides or "No No's" are with it though....

I'll weigh those options. I got tons of hydraulic hose siting around I may try.

There are no issues with hard lines as long as they are steel. Copper tubing will not meet NFPA58 fire code standards.

I am hoping that everyone understands the importance of being safe with propane.

HP propane hose is about 1.50$ a foot plus ends at Walter A Wood in Chattanooga, I just got a new line for a project , But I'm running hydro lines now on my buggy!

chopperfish said:
Why be cheap and risk getting hurt or ur rig burning to the ground?? Hyd hose will not last I've seen it fail on fork trucks plenty of times

Lol burnt it down once already. Not due to propane though.