• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holley 5200 vs Weber

heep70

Unsociable A--hole
Is the Holley 5200 the same exact thing as the Weber? Does the Holley run any better on the trail then the Weber?

What about a Holley 350 on a 20R?

As far as I know the Webers have a letter code stamped on the base plate and the Holleys have a number code stamped on the base plate. You got a pic?

holley 5200 is a copy of a weber DFAV. the DFAV is the mirror image of a DGAV(which is the 32/36 that gets sold in all the kits). basically it's the same carb with the primary and secondary barrels reversed. tends to work best on engines with the intake on the right hand side(like a pinto).

i wouldn't put a holley 350 on a toy engine unless it was for street. they tend to run shitty at angles, even for a carb.

I did some reading on webers/Holley/Motorcraft carbs (weber look a like) and the real Weber. They are molded the same except the Motorcraft/Holley built carbs where jetted different and were built more for 2.0 and bigger engines. The weber webers are built more for the 1600cc type engines. The air bleeds are the biggest difference and are not changable.

I ended up finding a Motorcraft stamped carb, rebuilt it and it is now on the Toyota. Night and day difference. On flat ground anyway. I wanna still go a bit bigger on the primary main and idle jets then it should be right on.

If it works out I plan on buy another Motorcraft stamped carb and rebuilding it for my Subaru. Shiat can the Weber that is on that doesn't run worth a crap :mad:

Latest posts