• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holley Sniper EFI kit info

Matt Thigpen

Has anybody tried the Holley Sniper EFI kit on their crawlers or bouncers? Whats your info and input. Im running a propane setup on my 383 stroker and as I would figure it ain't enough. What you think.

44BRAND said:
I have no input, but am interested also in this kit if anyone has any experience with it. So :popcorn:

For the rattler? It's a 302 right? Why not snag fi off of a mustang? The 351w in my garage is setup with an sn95 intake and injection.

I have all the hard parts off a mustang efi setup. Been sitting in a corner of the shop for a long time :****:. When I went to cut down the harness about 5 years ago, it was all crumbling and falling apart. So I pitched it, hence the motorcraft 2 barrel that's been on it. Painless harness is 500 bucks, I don't know how many, if any, of my injectors or sensors are good. Figured all new **** for a grand wasn't bad. Mostly just curious, ole 2 barrel runs so good most people don't realize its not injected.

44BRAND said:
I have all the hard parts off a mustang efi setup. Been sitting in a corner of the shop for a long time :****:. When I went to cut down the harness about 5 years ago, it was all crumbling and falling apart. So I pitched it, hence the motorcraft 2 barrel that's been on it. Painless harness is 500 bucks, I don't know how many, if any, of my injectors or sensors are good. Figured all new **** for a grand wasn't bad. Mostly just curious, ole 2 barrel runs so good most people don't realize its not injected.

This is very true. Had a guy we used to ride with in an early Bronco with a 2 barrel on a 302. For the longest time I thought it was fuel injected because I swear it would run upside down and never hiccup.

I have a holley hp fuel management system on my BBC if you read forums they are having problems with the sniper kit. If it was me and you make under 600 HP I would go with FI TECH.

I'd never swap out a dialed in 2 bbl motor craft for efi on a bone stock engine. Hard to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys. I was wondering if Holley been having problems, good to know. :dblthumb: And I'm sure i'll just stay with the Motorcraft 2 barrel. Its all the stock baby V8 needs and never gives any trouble. More power equals mash gas equals broke parts and down the slope to all the **** I cant afford. ( built tons, atlases, and everything that goes with em laughing1) Me and my little axles and little V8 just gonna keep on crawling.

Ok so after several days of talking to local hotrodders, crawlers, and other exotic off roaders and the screw up of Summit I have decided to go with the Fi tech 600hp kit. Cheaper than the sniper with the same specs. But most important, I don't have to wait until the end of July to get it. I ordered it today and the tracker shows to be delivered tomorrow. Crazy how Holley takes so long and Fi tech can jump right on it. Will post updates on how easy installation is as well as performance. Let's just note I'm running 383 stroker with mild cam and modified 300 horse heads. Have been fighting tune port injection and propane which wouldn't feed enough.

Re:

So an update on the Fitech 600hp fuel injection kit. Straight out of the box was nice and installation was fairly simple. I went with the inline fuel pump which I may eventually switch out with an in tank setup. Anyway I installed it and with a few touches to the little hand held screen it fired up, now with that being said. It's self tuning, for the most part. However I had to make some minor adjustments to the throttle body to make it run right and let me tell you, it's right. Absolutely no problems with it except I was having fuel deliver problems. Reran a fuel line to make it a straight drop from fuel cell helped alot but I don't want to be hammering on a hill and BAM! NO FUEL!!! So that's why I'm looking at in tank pump. Can't go wrong with it though. Money well spent.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I sure wish I woulda went fitech. Simple and clean install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk