• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holley Terminator X temp sensor wiring/setup for extra sensors

Bebop

I wanted to share this tech with you guys (and girls) since I see more and more of the Terminator X systems on buggies. After 18 months with mine, I still love it and think it's much better than the HPtuners options out there if you like to tinker with electronics.

As you may know, the ECU doesn't have provision for a temperature sensor input. Edit : Other than the stock coolant temp one!

The 4 available inputs only take 12v, Ground, 5v, and Frequency. Well, it turns out you can add a pull-up resistor and turn a resistance based sensor into a 5v ref one and feed the data in the ECU and be able to monitor different temperatures in your dash and datalog them (<--- this is huuuuge !).

This video shows how :

I am adding a trans temp sensor in my cast trans pan and I will use the following sensor that you can find at any parts store for cheap :

https://lowdoller-motorsports.com/c...phi-packard-fluid-temperature-sensor-25036979

I feel like trans temp monitoring is a good addition to the terminator X system or any system really, and this method lets you do it without buying the expensive Dash with a resistance sensor input.

Hope this helps,

Enzo

Last edited:
The terminator x for Fox body has temp and oil pressure in the main harness, the sensors are ls sensors. I will be installing it this weekend on my 351w in my Jeep. Pretty sure sensors I bought are 5v, weird that yours don't being this system started off with ls crowd

You're talking about coolant temp. Every terminatorX has an input for a coolant temp sensor.

I'm talking about transmission temp or any additional extra temp sensor you want to add to your system in order to monitor the temperature of another mechanical device (transfer case, axles, ...) by using one of the 4 programmable inputs that are available.

Since the 4 inputs offered by Holley only take steady 12v, steady Ground, 5v ref sensors and Frequency, you can't just plug in another resistance based temp sensor.

This video explains how to wire a pull-up resistor and use a resistance based sensor and how to program it in order to make this happen.

Last edited:
Ok gotcha. Ya didn't specify what temp lol. I haven't watched video yet but I will tonight. Could be handy when I go auto How ya like tuning with it ?

The engine tuning portion I didn't play with too much. I had someone more competent than me handle that.

But everything else that's programmable, I love it.

I edited the title and first post to make it clearer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-11 151500.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-03-11 151500.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 306
I didn't know about this.

I still like the solution I posted better because you can use an inexpensive GM sensor that I could be found anywhere.

But its cool to see another option !

Latest posts