• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HOLY CRAP!! Sadie Creek adventure...

Jeepster1

Well, every direction I ever got about how to find the Sadie Creek ORV area SUCKS!!! Bad directions get you LOST!!

8.5 miles west of Joyce, just past Mile marker 43, take a left on E Twin Lakes to view the trailhead sign...then back across the highway to hit the trail.

That being said, I got NO pictures of the trail. I got plenty of carnage. We had an absolute blast destroying the Grand Cherokee on this trail. I highly recommend everyone giving it a shot when you can.

There are lots of trees, a bit of mud, and many, many tight unforgiving twists and turns.

Windows, liftgates, taillights, bumpers, rear view mirrors, and lots of paint WILL be removed on the trail if you take a grand cherokee!!!:redneck:

Well, time to whip out the sawzall...:stupid:

"Windows, liftgates, taillights, bumpers, rear view mirrors, and lots of paint WILL be removed on the trail if you take a grand cherokee!!! "

I think you just discribed my XJ to a T. :mad:

FiFo said:
"Windows, liftgates, taillights, bumpers, rear view mirrors, and lots of paint WILL be removed on the trail if you take a grand cherokee!!! "

I think you just discribed my XJ to a T. :mad:

Humm, Sounds alot like someother place... humm, now what was the name of that otherplace, known for eating & spitting out rig's... oh'yeah, "BusyWild"

OK I gotta post.

I have been telling people for the past few years, Sadie creek is no joke. When its wet its a bitch. I run it every memorial day weekend. My YJ takes a beating on that trail too.

I have some pics and a trip report here. http://www.the4x4network.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1088&highlight=sadie+creek

More pics scattered around on the site. and further ion the thread.

Now with being said, back to my corner of the web. See ya bitches later.:flipoff:

Last edited:
JOOP said:
OK I gotta post.

I have been telling people for the past few years, Sadie creek is no joke. When its wet its a bitch. I run it every memorial day weekend. My YJ takes a beating on that trail too.

Now with being said, back to my corner of the web. See ya bitches later.:flipoff:

:eek:mg: i thought you banned yourself from this site:flipoff:

Rock_Crusher said:
Humm, Sounds alot like someother place... humm, now what was the name of that otherplace, known for eating & spitting out rig's... oh'yeah, "BusyWild"

the busywild trail has been lame this year, needs more rain, ran it forward and backward and no body damage.come on rain:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

you could run your jeep thru there Rich and not have a problem!!!

Welcome back Jon.

And yup, Sadie can be tight. IMO it's tighter than Busywild by a substantial factor, however the actual wheeling is better on the busywild, wet or dry. If you're Wrangler sized, exo'd, or smaller than a Wrangler, then Sadie should be damage free. IF it's raining heavily, for a while, than Sadie can also be slippery, but it doesn't have the bottomless bogs that develop at Elbe in the same conditions. Elbe has better mud, better trails, but is NOT nearly as tight. The real reason to go to Sadie is that you can camp on the Ocean at Salt Creek Campground, which has got to be one of the most beautiful campgrounds in the world.

Tony

TreeClimber said:
If you're Wrangler sized, exo'd, or smaller than a Wrangler, then Sadie should be damage free.

Not if you take the same line back out as you do in. There are two trees that will EAT a wrangler on the way back out (or running the trail backwards if it's a loop again) if you don't take the low side to avoid the pair.

If you go in with your windhield frame up, I give the average driver an 80% chance of wacking it good at least once.

Last time I was up there, Sadie creek had a section or two tigher than the original tightass could ever dream of being.

You can thank the guy with the flatty for marking the trail that way. :redneck: :haha:

Travis said:
Not if you take the same line back out as you do in. There are two trees that will EAT a wrangler on the way back out (or running the trail backwards if it's a loop again) if you don't take the low side to avoid the pair.

If you go in with your windhield frame up, I give the average driver an 80% chance of wacking it good at least once.

Last time I was up there, Sadie creek had a section or two tigher than the original tightass could ever dream of being.

You can thank the guy with the flatty for marking the trail that way. :redneck: :haha:

Sami's fit where flatty's do:D

Little Red Zuk said:
Sami's fit where flatty's do:D

Flatties? Aren't those only in museums nowdays?:D

How many miles of trails is there? How many hrs to run them?
Trying to get a feel for if it is worth the trip up there...

Tankota said:
Flatties? Aren't those only in museums nowdays?:D

How many miles of trails is there? How many hrs to run them?
Trying to get a feel for if it is worth the trip up there...

Hey now ... thats what Im building right now. I guess its an old guy thing. Theres only one 4x4 trail but several miles of quad trail also nice beach camping nearby.

The trail is 1.84 miles long. Last time I was up there in May you could only enter one way. Run the trail then at the end turn around and come back through. So your gauranteed to hit all the tree's that cause damage. :redneck:

Took us in May to run both ways (4 rigs) about 3-4 hours. When its dry you could run it in 30 minutes one way, but wet like now,,,:clappy: Have fun. :haha:

But I heard someone say Saturday that theres a new trail that has been added to it. But I have know way to confirm it or deny it.

pokey said:
Hey now ... thats what Im building right now. I guess its an old guy thing. Theres only one 4x4 trail but several miles of quad trail also nice beach camping nearby.

Can't be an old guy thing, Gibby's 6 year old has a '45 MB that is built.

Wouldn't every flat fender qualify for social security?:D

Jokes aside when was the last year of production for a true flat fender (no sort of cj5s called flatties)?

Jaydog said:
Can't be an old guy thing, Gibby's 6 year old has a '45 MB that is built.

He's 5... and like all my projects, it's not finished

CRASH!