• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Homebuilt 3 seat buggy "Lucy"

SB406

Hey guys, I've been a lurker here for a while, and post up now and then. Last March, I started a new buggy, and just finished it. My previous buggy started as a K5 Blazer, and I really wanted to start from scratch this time. Here's some specs, and pics from the built. I took a ton of pictures, so i just skimmed through for some highlights. Hard to put 16 months of work into a few posts on the internet.

3 seater (Can bolt either adult or preteen seat in the back)
120" wheelbase
20" belly height
79.5" roof line
2"x 1/4" wall upper links
2.25" 3/8" wall lower links
5/16 wall driveshafts
43" Super Swamper SX's on 17" Racelines
2.0x 16" Fox coilovers
Profender air bumps
SBC406, 700R4
241/205 doubler
D60/ 14bFF - 4.88 gears
Ballistic rebuildable 1.25" heims
Onboard Air
Onboard welder
Heater
Front mounted radiator (kid in the back)

Thanks guys. Yeah, I did it all myself, including the trans rebuild. There were a lot of ghetto brackets early on to get things positioned. Packaging was tough with the rad up front, exhaust, firewall, doubler, and 3rd seat above the rear links so I tried to plan ahead as much as I could. I'm messing with the shocks now to start dialing them in.

sappmann said:
Great looking buggy, i have one question, where did you get the exhaust manifolds?

They're aftermarket "Ram Horns". I bought them off Ebay. I think they were $200 for the pair. So far, I like them. I needed the clearance to run the block low in the frame rails and I wanted to avoid headers.

AdamF said:
I use the same bend tech program! :dblthumb:

;D One of my buddies had me half tempted to just clear coat it because it had writting all over it. I tend to make notes right on the tubes (bend angles, notch angles, measurements, etc) to make repeat bars symetric. It's just how my brain works. I'm a single dad, so 80% of the build was done between 9 PM and 1 AM, after my son is in bed.
Thanks for the compliments. guys.

Looks like Rock Creek at Rausch in the pics. We've got a big group of buggies coming to Rausch the weekend. I'll have my two buggies there this Sunday. Come on down if you want. Also I dig the adjustable steering setup.

Yep. Shook it down at Rausch a week or so ago. Nate mentioned that there was a group of buggies heading down. I have a couple of other trips planned, so I won't be able to make it. Oh, plus I'm waiting on a warranty Yukon D60 shaft. ;D

Dude, be very proud of it as well as yourself. I know exactly what it's like to build in a small space and under a schedule with a kiddo.

Unbelievable amount of work. Great job man!!! On top of that you made a paint booth out of your garage. Just awesome, all I can say.

Livin the American dream