• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

homes and neiborhoods in B'ham area

Dwalk

4 Banger on Leafs
I have some family members that just retired from the Military and has gotten a job BHam. They have been looking for a decent home in the 300K to 400K price range that actually has a driveway and more than a patio for a back yard. I know some of you guys live in the area, if y'all could post up some info on good locations I will pass it along. THANKS for the help. (Names and location of neiborhoods)

Tell them to check out the Southeast side of B'ham off 280. Look into the Highland lakes subdivision or surrounding ones. I built alot of homes in that area and know all about that side. I have a friend who is looking to move a house he bought to flip that has a house with a pool on a cul de sac, and the market crashed and he still has it. The least expensive house in there is probably $300k all the way up to $3mil. Let me know if you need more info on the are as I live out that way. :dblthumb:

Definitly tell them to look in St Clair or Shelby County, Jefferson County is just stupid, and you get raped on taxes, sewer, car tags, property values. ect. There are some nice places in HY119 area with land, between HY280 and I-65.

But if they want to be closer to Bham,(in Jeff Co) Trussville, Cahaba Heights, Mountain Brook and Vestavia are places they should look.

For me it depends on where you work and what direction you drive. If I lived down 280 and had to drive anywhere near downtown I would slit my wrist. Likewise living in Shelby county like Helena and Alanaster is a miserable commute up 65 morth. I live in Gardendale which is 10 mins north of downtown. My commute is 25 miles and takes 30 minutes. I don't like the church run town I live in that much, but I have trails in my yard and can drive my rig around town without hassle. Food and shopping sucks, but Hoover is not far.