• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hoodrat stuff

money_pit_yj

I am fixing to buy a truck. For the first time in 11 years it is almost exactly what I want so I plan on keeping it. Back in the day I used to keep up with the sound game and all that other jazz but have lost interest since I have had company trucks or trucks I was not going to keep for the past 11 years and was broke before that. I want a DVD player in the dash and head rests and a good bass setup. It is a crew cab so it will most likely be under the seat. I don't need The Life of Price stuff. What are most of you doing for sound systems in trucks (not buggies). I was going to just stuff a 12" sub up under the back seat in a truck box and fire it into the floor but I cant even remember how stuff is supposed to be ported and all that.

Re:

I jus don't like ported stuff.....well....anymore.

I enjoy either a couple 10s or a single high excursion 12 in a sealed box. You need a larger amp with that but that's not a real problem with class D amps out there.

I jus lean more towards sound quality now. Granted...ported boxes can be great if built/tuned right. Kinda like having wrong spring rates / valving on coilovers.

I had 2 10s in a sealed box under my xcab tow rig but it was too overbearing for the OE Bose front stage. I went to a single downfiring 10 and it blends nicely (kicker sub / 300w rms kicker amp)

I've got a single 8 kicker with about 300 rms in a sealed box as a center console in mine. I love it. I've done the whole "hey lets blow windshields out" and "let's make it loud enough to make ourselves crap our pants" thing...I'm with Tony on this one.