• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Horse Trails in Ellensburg

Haney meadow is just past Lion rock, sort of north east. There is a bunch of horse trails there. I haven't been for about 15 years and we were on motor bikes. The trails don't really lend themselves to bike because of allot of rocks kind of strewn all over the trails but I would think this were the cream of the crop for horses. The countryside up there is beautiful. There is horse trailer parking with hitching posts and stuff, or at least there was back then. We saw an elk herd run across the road right in front of us and I counted 30. Hope this helps! Have fun!

Yeah Haney Meadow is pretty deep. We wont be able to get started until about 3pm. Robinson canyon is only about 30 minutes from the boarder, but didn't really look like it was as nice of country as Haney Meadow.

We ended up going up to Lion's Rock area. The road was closed just after the T where left (closed on this road) on an asphalt road takes you to Lion's Rock and right on a dirt road takes you somewhere. It was nice, super windy though. Going to try and get up there on a weekend.

There were a bunch of people up there harvesting something, they had buckets and crates. Anybody know what it is?

We ended up going up to Lion's Rock area. The road was closed just after the T where left (closed on this road) on an asphalt road takes you to Lion's Rock and right on a dirt road takes you somewhere. It was nice, super windy though. Going to try and get up there on a weekend.

There were a bunch of people up there harvesting something, they had buckets and crates. Anybody know what it is?

mushrooms would be my guess.
upper county has some sweet horse trails iv heard about if you ever get that way.
http://www.trailmeister.com/washington/waptus/waptus.html

Latest posts