• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hot rod action.

Good looking old truck Chop. Nephew has an eye for good things. Wish I had an uncle like you when I tried to "build" my first rig.

Charlie

Family is stronger than welds or bolts. Thanks Charlie.

I have an awesome uncle that is a retired machinist and welder that had every tool you could ever want. He helped me put my first set of leaf springs on the stomper 15 years ago and many other projects since. He would always make me slow down and do better work than I wanted to do also. I always call him when Im stumped. He could always build or fix anything or teach you how to fix it your self. We need more young folks learning this way.

I could never pay back my uncle Gary, but I can help pass the torch to my nephew. Whatever I owe my uncle, I put towards my nephews rig.

Thanks to my uncle Gary, you started all this. :beer:

nice work b-rad

Knew you would like a little 2wd classic v8 action.:cool::beer:

Have to applaud the recycling of classic American metal. Also, it's nice to know there are still young people out there who are willing to work for a goal.

Hes a very quick learner too. He picks up working with different tools well. I agree Tony more and more young folks are missing out on the good stuff.

Hes a real "ol school" kinda young man.

Nice work Brad...:cool:

It's good to see a young man getting dirty and gaining some knowledge... He'll appreciate the truck a lot more than the kids that had mommy and daddy buy them what the other kids think is cool...

It's nice that my boys are into wrenching on my rig... The oldest is already eye balling some trucks for his first build...:redneck:

hey brad heres the latest pick of the beater. fired it up with the 3inch pipes and it is too loud to talk in the cab :redneck: tomorrow were messin with the carb and puttin the bed wood in. looks like we'll make goodguys:masturbanana[1]:

2qdtx0x.jpg

nice ride, what size are those wheel studs you used on the rear? what are they from? i been looking for some to use in a similar application

nice ride, what size are those wheel studs you used on the rear? what are they from? i been looking for some to use in a similar application

they were 1/2 inch studs with a shoulder longe enough to catch the disc and axle flange.

We went to lots of parts stores and it sucked. Finnaly we went to Napa and found that they make tons more 1/2 inch studs than 7/16 studs, so we drilled to half inch.

I have no clue what they are supposed to be for, maybe the nephew can get you the part number, I left the box in his truck for ID reasons in case he needed one later.

I have a few more pics of follow up work too.:awesomework:

I couldn't make the Good Guy Show (sad since I live 5 minutes from the fairgrounds), any pictures of the truck at the show?

Here it is getting a test run with my Chris and my dad. The brakes all got done in time too.

It came out to my place one more time to get the calipers on and lines run and clamps located.

Attachments

• Good Guys 2010 - test drive with Grandpa before we take off Sat AM.jpg
    Good Guys 2010 - test drive with Grandpa before we take off Sat AM.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 161
Some shots from Good Guys. He put alot of hard hours in to pull it off in time.

:awesomework:

Attachments

• Good Guys 2010 - Driving In 2.jpg
    Good Guys 2010 - Driving In 2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Good Guys 2010 - Driving In 3.jpg
    Good Guys 2010 - Driving In 3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Good Guys 2010 - driving in 6.jpg
    Good Guys 2010 - driving in 6.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Good Guys 2010 - looking good!.jpg
    Good Guys 2010 - looking good!.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Good Guys 2010 - Kip and Tyler.jpg
    Good Guys 2010 - Kip and Tyler.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 160
can't wait till i can start a job with my sons

I have three daughters so my only hope is one of them (at least) catches the bug and wants to get into building jeeps & cars. My money's on the middle one, she's only four and loves to help me work on ****. We'll see if that last for any length of time.

Nice work Brad, every young builder should have a mentor. :awesomework: