• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do I fix this fuel line?

tonedog702

I have a 91 Cherokee and one of the plastic fuel lines is cracked right by the fuel rail connection. Is there any easy way to fix it? JB weld maybe?
2440f1400894d3939e0f50627d67956e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the dorman repair kit has a new end on it and it has a splice to put it on the old line. heat it with hot water and press it in the line

Put the plastic line in hot water for couple mins and fitting pushes right in

Re:

I come in from time to time, when working at waterway or Jourdan's. Lift service. I will have remember to drop your screen name.

This crap all started because the idler pulley bearing **** the bed this morning. So while loosening the power steering pump to loosen the belt and install the new pulley, I accidentally broke the line. I have done some other work and found that every plastic piece on this thing is brittle. I got the new pulley on and started the engine. I'm standing by the door and I smell gas. I says to myself WTF? Go look and there has coming out of the line. The back of the bearing:
8ab27e89bdac8d835fe8e9e60e6392b2.jpg

The ol Jeep since everyone likes pictures
afd824fe8db3bd5638f9b787189d0f10.jpg

Sent from my palatial estate

Re:

The repair kits that use warm water work. Used one yeaterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I got it back together but it's not perfect. I hope it holds. The part of the line on the vehicle cannot be dipped in warm water so I used a heat gun. I let it run in the driveway for about 5 minutes and no leaks.