• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how do i move my rear axle back?

nerotxc

so if you look in my garage thread, i chopped a suburban up, and the frame at the rear leaf perches, i want the truck to sit nicer, is there a way to do something with the leafs to get the axle to sit back some? i read snippets of what i think i need to know, but this is all new to me.

thanks

You can re-drill the spring perches to get a little movement, move your shackle hangers out onto the end of the frame rail, maybe find a spring with less length behind the spring pin that would allow the axle to come back. With no frame behind the hanger it's hard to move very far back. Not sure I'd want any more wheelbase than a 'Burb has to begin with though.

something like this might work as long as you dont let the shackle angle get to far.

Attachments

• shackle1.jpg
    shackle1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 113
  • shackle2.jpg
    shackle2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 112
if you have 56" springs just flip them around..they should be around 26"ish from the front eye to the pin..and 30"ish from the pin to the rear eye..if you have 52" rear springs than swith to 56s..

if you have 56" springs just flip them around..they should be around 26"ish from the front eye to the pin..and 30"ish from the pin to the rear eye..if you have 52" rear springs than swith to 56s..

x2...

I'm running my 56s long side forward...

You could also throw in a zero rate...

Latest posts