• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How does this shop price sound...seems high...

JFab

Well, i need more space...lookin for a shop and found this one...here's the specs...

-1.2 acre property
-about 300ft from Highway 231
-shop is 1k sq.ft....im guessin 20x50??
-has 15ft rollup door on front side with a man door as well
-on level concrete slab...not sure how thick...

$169,900 for the whole place...

this seems pretty high...what do yall think?

-james

Sounds kinda high to me for a building of that size and only 1.2 acres - just my .02

techtafab said:
my 30X60 was 6k with 2 10x10 and 1 walk in door
concrete was 2k,i did the wiring 600bux
land must be HIGH over there

did you have a hook up or do your own concrete?? I need a fawking driveway!

It really depends on the area. Is it around a lot of traffic? If so maybe not so bad. I was looking in Athens before and it was crazy high for a small building on the out skirts of town. You will pay for location but you will profit from having a good location. Got to think about what you can afford and if the business will be there. I couldn't see loosing all my benefits and the known income or I would have already done this. Good luck with whatever you do.

caglezxj said:
It really depends on the area. Is it around a lot of traffic?

its not in the middle of a town, but its right off of a busy highway... and its on about a 5 mile cut through between two busy highways...
since i live in huntsville, this is a little far off for me...but im just lookin and this is the first one i found that i like...

thanks for all the input...any more would be appreciated...

I would think around Madison. Very busy , and all the high school kids will be banging down the door with daddy's money. Anywhere near hwy. 72 in Madison would be great. There is a lot of business to be had in this area if you do it right. You would have to cater to both hardcore and mall crawlers.

caglezxj said:
I would think around Madison. Very busy , and all the high school kids will be banging down the door with daddy's money. Anywhere near hwy. 72 in Madison would be great. There is a lot of business to be had in this area if you do it right. You would have to cater to both hardcore and mall crawlers.

very good point...however...madison comes with a price...

was thinkin about highway 53 just north of huntsville...

wanna try to get away from city codes...

I understand, Hwy 53 wouldn't be that bad. And I looked there as well. There is an older shop by a gas station north of Jeff Rd. It was an oil change place and now it says Hwy 53 Customs . Don't know what it is going to be yet. But the building was 1600.00 a month when I checked into it. There is some metal buildings south of Jeff Rd. You might get one of those at a better price. I will keep my eyes open for you. I drive that road every day.

caglezxj said:
I understand, Hwy 53 wouldn't be that bad. And I looked there as well. There is an older shop by a gas station north of Jeff Rd. It was an oil change place and now it says Hwy 53 Customs . Don't know what it is going to be yet. But the building was 1600.00 a month when I checked into it. There is some metal buildings south of Jeff Rd. You might get one of those at a better price. I will keep my eyes open for you. I drive that road every day.

sounds good, thanks man...