• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How far to narrow?

VMGontheRocks said:
I have the front stampede wheels and M2ks and was wondering should I cut off the inner bead or both the inner and outer bead.
inner bead, your close buy, you want a lesson?? :D we can narrow the M2k's too.

VMGontheRocks said:
I would but I am super busy.
me too, I said the hell with it tonight and I am just doing nothing and it feels good.

Hell, I have a comp to pull off this weekend.

wich tires?? M2ks I don't run foams with a full width tire. The Moabs I have a different way of doing those and it works killer, no foams required. :D

I have run foams and I just sipe the foam about 3/8's of an inch width ways and about an 1/8th of an inch apart to soften them up, if you go the other way the foam can collapse when side loaded. That fancy cutting thing cracks me up. :haha:

as far as help on the comp, not really. I just have to go buy some things and try and memorize a lot of the rules.

Ahh got ya. Also do you drill a hole in each wheel to let the air out?

In my big trucks I drill 4-1/6 holes this give the air a controled release..

I B..

VMGontheRocks said:
Ahh got ya. Also do you drill a hole in each wheel to let the air out?
yes I drill 2 1/16" holes or one hole depending on the tire.

VMGontheRocks said:
Narrowed them today, drilled the holes and will be gluing tommorow. A bandsaw makes narrowing wheels a sinch. Took me 30 seconds for each wheel. Then a bit of sanding.
My dremel set up does it really clean, I have a new 9" band saw I have been playing with also. :D
$109 shipped. :clappy:

VMGontheRocks said:
Band Saws kick ass what brand is it. I got mine for $109 too but it was instore.
It is that Delta you see for cheap, perfect for hobby stuff. I don't like the side guides but an easy fix just the same.
I am going to put a metal blade on it and make some fixtures for doing stuff. :D

VMGontheRocks said:
I have a Ryobi. Delta is good and the band saw is so perfect for hobby stuff. BTW how much is the metal cutting blade. I need to get one.

I don't know yet, I have to have it made up.

Eastside Saw can make up blades for ya if you have the dimensions, just go with a fine pitch and a 18 to 24 tooth count. Or just wait untill I pick out my blade and I will tell ya what I have.