• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How is people getting big power out of propane

Lol. I'm trying to decide between turbo or bumping the compression. I was just curious if anyone had done that. Not trying to get to 300. Just the most I can for the least. Just like everyone else. ;)

I may be way off but im looking for around 400HP out of my little 4.3 on propane. :****:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I think that has alot more going on than I was planning. I was thinking stock with cam and higher compression. Or stock with small turbo and cam. But that thing is badass. Let's see some videos when it's of it roasting some tires.

JRH said:
Also there is an OHG450x which is supposed to flow better than the 425 but from my reading is a bitch to get dialed in.

I've run a 425 and a 450 and the 450 was way easier to tune.

lucasbranham said:
I think that has alot more going on than I was planning. I was thinking stock with cam and higher compression. Or stock with small turbo and cam. But that thing is badass. Let's see some videos when it's of it roasting some tires.

You might not be as far offas you think. Hot Rod magazine built a little 4.3 several years ago and made 301Hp with a cam swap 9.08 to1 compression and ported old style 4.3 heads that they said flowed shitty about as much as 305 heads. They also later on put a vortec supercharger on it and made 500 with 12psi of boost before the head gaskets blew. I say start with a 96 or newer engine with real vortec heads that out flow the hell out of what they had add some boost and propane and 300/400hp is easy to reach.